Speculation: Nylander XII - The Saga Continues (ALL NYLANDER DISCUSSION HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCoRe

Dec 30, 2007
Seinäjoki
Is The L.A offer been confirmed by someone reliable ? Pagnotta said (i think it was him) that a offer includin Muzzin + Pearson for Nylander is offered ?

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
If that is in fact true I really hope the add on top of Pesce would be something significant. I fully realize Pesce is a solid d-man and he's exactly what we need, but trading Nylander straight up for a guy like that would be a massive disaster.

Truthfully, if we could get Pesce and another defender that was a capable top 6, I'd be reasonably happy.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Pesce's contract would be a major boon for TOR. 4M for a top 4 RHD with the incoming raises for AM and Marner, and Kap to a lower extent.

Reactions: marty111

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Pesce is worth at least as much as Nylander.

Maybe if you're assuming Nylander is locked into a poor contract compared to Pesce's value contract it gets closer, but from a purely talent perspective Nylander is the much more valuable asset. You don't trade players with star potential for players of Pesce's caliber. It's just not a smart move and you can't come out winning that trade in the end.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Pesce is a solid player but not nearly enough for just Nylander.

Like I said, Gauthier and Roy are two players the leafs will look at too.

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Asset wise I consider the order to go something like:
Matthews
Tavares(no trade)
Slavin
Marner
Pesce
Nylander
So Marner or Nylander doesn’t get it done for Slavin, Tavares isn’t an option, leaving...
So obviously that’s not an option here. Pesce is the one that makes sense.
I was just playin'. But if reporrs are to be believed, it isn't Toronto calling LA or Carolina....so the offer has to sway Dubas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad