Nylander vs. Aho

Which player do you want to build around? Assume equal contracts, as both are about to get PAI

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
So when Marner does well in the playoffs it's a small sample size, but when Matthews struggles in the playoffs last year it matters beyond everything else he's done...interesting

Well I havent said anything bad about matthews, dude is elite.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
You said this

The Corsica date ranges are always wonky for me, but it's telling me that over 40games from Jan 1st to April 10th, Marner played 5on5 ToIQoC of 29.47. Aho played 29.32 in that time frame.

Aho still did as well throughout the whole as Marner did for half a season.

And I mean, sure, feel free to give me the numbers on more defensive responsibilities for Aho as well, with regards to either Marner and Nylander. I did give you the numbers for competition, but apparently half a season doesn't count because only full seasons are relevant info? Lol, saying that a full season is the only relevant info is just cherrypicking your own data.

Backcheckmonster3

Aug 19, 2018
Being a good player on a terrible team isn’t really a great metric to say if he’s “leading” anything.

Yes Carolina hasn´t been good, still he has been the main reason they weren´t terrible the past two seasons. He has decided a game 7 OT in a pro league and been the leading gold winning number 1 center in world juniors before stepping on to NHL ice.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
You said this

Aho still did as well throughout the whole as Marner did for half a season.

? The numbers pretty clearly say that Aho's season long TOIQoC numbers are better, but the over the second half Marner's numbers were better. Marner's numbers in the first half were much worse, which brings his total average to below Aho's. In his time (~40 games) with harder TOIQoC Marner also outproduced Aho. Over the first half of the season Aho was better. Over the second half of the season Marner was better.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Yes Carolina hasn´t been good, still he has been the main reason they weren´t terrible the past two seasons. He has decided a game 7 OT in a pro league and been the leading gold winning number 1 center in world juniors before stepping on to NHL ice.

And nobody is denying that he’s a very good player.

It’s the claims that “Aho is a leader and Nylander isn’t” which doesn’t hold up to scrutiny

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
? The numbers pretty clearly say that Aho's season long TOIQoC numbers are better, but the over the second half Marner's numbers were better. Marner's numbers in the first half were much worse, which brings his total average to below Aho's. In his time (~40 games) with harder TOIQoC Marner also outproduced Aho. Over the first half of the season Aho was better. Over the second half of the season Marner was better.

I feel sorry for you if you think 0.02 is anything substantial, lol.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I feel sorry for you if you think 0.02 is anything substantial, lol.

The difference between the Marner and Aho numbers that I posted was .15.

Funny enough, the season long difference between Nylander and Aho was .23.

Aho by far, the highest scorer on one of the lower scoring teams. Plays with worse linemates AND against harder competition, also way better defensively, younger and better goalscorer.

Is the .2 significant or not?

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Aho easily. Has already shown he can carry a line whereas Nylander has shown he needs good players around him. The fact Aho is younger makes this a landslide for me.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016

Attachments

• Dashboard_1 (2).PNG
    Dashboard_1 (2).PNG
    761.7 KB · Views: 15

lawrence

May 19, 2012
didn't Boeser soundly beat Nylander in a poll? who (Boeser) then lost to Aho? and now we do a Nylander vs Aho? do people think Nylander is magically gonna beat Aho?

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
didn't Boeser soundly beat Nylander in a poll? who (Boeser) then lost to Aho? and now we do a Nylander vs Aho? do people think Nylander is magically gonna beat Aho?

In 20 more games, Boeser would've eclipsed both, as it stands he's 6pts off.

I don't get how people think its such a great difference, when the numbers don't.
Lets see if Brock can do it again.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
you sir are welcome in my hockey pool anytime!!
And this is what's wrong. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but you're purely stat watching here. And hockey pools are pretty irrelevant when it comes to who's the more important player to have, or who you build around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad