Nylander vs. Aho

Which player do you want to build around? Assume equal contracts, as both are about to get PAI

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I would go with Aho. Nylander is very talented, but I am not sure he has the grit you need to win in the playoffs. Aho does everything well, he is one of the biggest talents in the game that plays in a small market that people know about, but perhaps not as many should know about. Aho here.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I don't know if either is a "build around" type player, don't think that either will be the best player on a contender level team in their careers but both should be nice core complimentary players

I'll go Nylander but they're very close. Aho had 40 seconds more pp time per game, a little more ES time per game and a shooting % that was above his career average (not out of range of what could be sustainable, will have to see where he levels out to as a norm), Nylander had better linemates (though I think it gets forgotten than he and Matthews drag Hyman around, the linemate situation is only half good) and an OIsh% that was probably higher than what you'd expect to continue. I think that this will look like Nylander in the near future because of the context he'll be playing in with a high powered offense that will stretch matchups thin with it's depth, so I think the production spikes

Aho for pick value for sure, he's a home run for the Canes

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I will take William, better ppg for two very similar players.

They are 2 very different type players.

I don't know if either is a "build around" type player, don't think that either will be the best player on a contender level team in their careers but both should be nice core complimentary players

I'll go Nylander but they're very close. Aho had 40 seconds more pp time per game, a little more ES time per game and a shooting % that was above his career average (not out of range of what could be sustainable, will have to see where he levels out to as a norm), Nylander had better linemates (though I think it gets forgotten than he and Matthews drag Hyman around, the linemate situation is only half good) and an OIsh% that was probably higher than what you'd expect to continue. I think that this will look like Nylander in the near future because of the context he'll be playing in with a high powered offense that will stretch matchups thin with it's depth, so I think the production spikes

Aho for pick value for sure, he's a home run for the Canes

Aho is a 2way player who was the best scorer for low scoring team at 20y already.

Reactions: Kuola

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Aho by far, the highest scorer on one of the lower scoring teams. Plays with worse linemates AND against harder competition, also way better defensively, younger and better goalscorer.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Aho had (a lot) more PP time, less ppg, vastly more offensive zone starts, and yet across the board, they are pretty similar.

Just admit that you have no idea the type of player Aho is.

Prime Aho can be the guy on your #1pp& #1pk units, and the guy the play runs through.
He makes his linemates better.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Aho.

I see willy same as ehlers. And have aho a notch above both. Just more complete and has way less help.

Reactions: DRW204

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He was already Carolinas best player at 20y and the best player on his line.

I would never try to build around Nylander.

And Aho has a track record of being able to lead a team?

Seems a silly statement considering they’ve had near identical career trajectories so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->