Speculation: Nylander VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Who is someone that Leafs fans are targeting in a trade for Nylander? Like who is someone that yall have your eyes on? (Not from the Stars we've been through this)

member 157595

Who is someone that Leafs fans are targeting in a trade for Nylander? Like who is someone that yall have your eyes on? (Not from the Stars we've been through this)

Roman Pol-

Brett Pesce is a great example. Not completely unattainable (Slavin/Parayko/etc) but definitely good enough to be the main piece coming back.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Pesce is the perfect piece for the leafs. Right handed, young, defensive minded first. Potential to grow, cap friendly contract.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Leafs are doing the right thing not giving into these ridiculous demands. Players never get paid that much more based on potential and rightfully so. Should've played better when he had the chance.

I don't think they will trade him but if they did..

Something around Nylander + Marincin for Pesce + McGinn/Di Giuseppe + something of interest

Marleau - Matthews - Kapanen
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Leivo - Kadri - Brown
Johnsson - Lindholm - McGinn/Di Giuseppe

Rielly - Pesce
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Hainsey/Ozhiganov

Certainly would look like a more well-rounded team plus Pesce makes like 2-3M less than what Nylander ends up getting so that's some cap flexibility for next summer.

If Kapanen can keep it up with Matthews that teams looks better than what they have now.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
In a total fantasy world, Nylander+ for Parayko. Realistically? I dunno, Gudas?

Mar 26, 2010
I believe Toronto fans are becoming frustrated with Willy. If he wants to behave like a spoiled brat, let him sit out! Do not trade him. Do not give in to outrageous demands.

Reactions: Drew311

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Leafs are doing the right thing not giving into these ridiculous demands. Players never get paid that much more based on potential and rightfully so. Should've played better when he had the chance.

I don't think they will trade him but if they did..

Something around Nylander + Marincin for Pesce + McGinn/Di Giuseppe + something of interest

Why do fans keep adding Marincin to proposals? Is it because Leafs would need to clear a contract? He has no value for the Canes, who have Slavin, de Hann and Fleury on the LHD side at the NHL level and Bean, Cajkowski, and Carrick at the AHL level as LHD as well.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

I'd have two ideal targets.

Manson from the Ducks
Pesce from the Hurricanes.

Both the Ducks and Hurricanes have been rumoured to be in touch with the Leafs about Nylander.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Why do fans keep adding Marincin to proposals? Is it because Leafs would need to clear a contract? He has no value for the Canes, who have Slavin, de Hann and Fleury on the LHD side at the NHL level and Bean, Cajkowski, and Carrick at the AHL level as LHD as well.

You know you want Martin. It is a known fact that he'd make your blueline taller.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
I believe Toronto fans are becoming frustrated with Willy. If he wants to behave like a spoiled brat, let him sit out! Do not trade him. Do not give in to outrageous demands.

Not frustrated as much as indifferent.

The team is scoring in bunches without him and has a clear need on the back end.

All he has proven is that he is not needed up front and he is an expendable piece we can leverage for a D

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com

That's a silly way to look at it. Making moves out of spite has no benefit to the Leafs.

If a good trade comes around? Trade him.
If he wants to sign for a reasonable amount? Sign him.
If there are no good trades, and he won't settle for a reasonable amount? Let him sit.

It isn't acting like a spoiled brat. He is doing what he thinks is best for his career, and Leafs doing whats best for the team. No one needs to be the bad guy.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Not trading Manson for Nylander

Maybe, maybe not... neither of us are management for either team. But, he's a great D at what he does, and he'd be an ideal addition for the Leafs. If the Ducks actually did call, I'm sure that Manson would have been the ask from Dubas. You guys are free to decline for sure. You've got a great player in Manson, and I'd say he's quite under appreciated.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
When is the last time an RFA went this deep into the regular season without a contract? Anyone know? I realize that Ritchie is doing it as well, but I'm talking about prior to this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad