Proposal: Nylander to NSH/VAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazydounut

Oct 10, 2017
Charlotte, NC
As we all know. Nylander is going to be traded. Carolina seems most likely but at the end of the day I don't see Pesce or Slavin being traded for him. I could see Nashville or Vancouver being viable options for a Nylander trade.

Nashville gives:
Mattias Ekholm
Conditional 2nd round pick (If Nashville makes cup final Toronto gets their 2nd, if they don't, they get their 3rd rounder)
Toronto gives:
William Nylander
6th/7th round pick (From the Carrick trade)
7th round pick

Nashville gets another top line playmaker (alongside already established Johansen) that can play with either Forsberg or Turris
Toronto gets their shutdown, top pairing dman in his prime and at a terrific contract.

Vancouver gives:
Christopher Tanev
Conditional 1st (If Vancouver gets top 5 they keep the 1st and give a 2nd rounder, if they are outside the top 5 they give the pick to Toronto)
3rd round pick
6th round pick
Toronto gives:
William Nylander

Toronto ends up getting a borderline top pairing guy on a solid deal. While getting valuable draft assets in the trade
Vancouver guarantees that they get a top 5 pick if they are in the top 5. As well as getting a young star forward in Nylander. Making their top 6 look like one of the better top 6's in the league now. And will be one of the best top 6's in a year or 2 when Petterson and Boeser hit their primes.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
1. We might have the room to sign him now, but Fiala, Hartman, Sissons and Rinne need new contracts after this season. Everyone except Rinne due a raise. That would be a problem.
2. We have enough wingers already. If we trade one of our top 4 defensemen, I'd rather it be for a true superstar top 6 center aka someone better than Johansen and/or Turris

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
1. We might have the room to sign him now, but Fiala, Hartman, Sissons and Rinne need new contracts after this season. Everyone except Rinne due a raise. That would be a problem.
2. We have enough wingers already. If we trade one of our top 4 defensemen, I'd rather it be for a true superstar top 6 center aka someone better than Johansen and/or Turris
Add Josi who is due at the end of 19-20 as well.... he'll likely more than double his current cap hit

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Pass on both to be honest, people will be like "omgggg" but basically if it's not Subban from Nashville, there isn't a lot of interest. Nashville has Ellis, Josi in a few years needs some $ and Fabbro on the way.

I'd probably do something like Subban and Watson for Nylander, Zaitsev and Leivo.

Ekholm-Zaitsev
Josi-Ellis

Pretty solid top 4, Zaitsev's quality of competition and insane 65% defensive zone start is interesting. Zaitsev's deal will be basically done by the time Fabbro is looking for his next contract.

I mention Nashville specifically because Lavoie of RDS apparently mentioned that Nashville had an interest in Nylander and I wanted to find a way to make it work. I assume Nashville might want to move on from Watson after what happened but I might be wrong.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
As we all know. Nylander is going to be traded.

No, we don't know that...

Carolina seems most likely but at the end of the day I don't see Pesce or Slavin being traded for him. I could see Nashville or Vancouver being viable options for a Nylander trade.

Nashville gives:
Mattias Ekholm
Conditional 2nd round pick (If Nashville makes cup final Toronto gets their 2nd, if they don't, they get their 3rd rounder)
Toronto gives:
William Nylander
6th/7th round pick (From the Carrick trade)
7th round pick

Nashville gets another top line playmaker (alongside already established Johansen) that can play with either Forsberg or Turris
Toronto gets their shutdown, top pairing dman in his prime and at a terrific contract.

Leafs need a RHD, not a LHD.

Vancouver gives:
Christopher Tanev
Conditional 1st (If Vancouver gets top 5 they keep the 1st and give a 2nd rounder, if they are outside the top 5 they give the pick to Toronto)
3rd round pick
6th round pick
Toronto gives:
William Nylander

Toronto ends up getting a borderline top pairing guy on a solid deal. While getting valuable draft assets in the trade
Vancouver guarantees that they get a top 5 pick if they are in the top 5. As well as getting a young star forward in Nylander. Making their top 6 look like one of the better top 6's in the league now. And will be one of the best top 6's in a year or 2 when Petterson and Boeser hit their primes.

Leafs get Tanev and a second? For Nylander... If Vancouver has a top five pick? That's hilariously bad.

Reactions: 780il
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad