• 46-55 points

• HOLY MAKINAW! 56+ points!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Embarrass myself how?

I think proven 20 goal/60 point players should be paid like 20 goal/60 point players. You know... like every other team does.

Which is to give no disrespect to 20 goal/60 point players. Those are impressive numbers. But to pay them like other teams pay their proven 34 goal/70 point players under the argument of “they might get better” is pretty stupid.

Nothing would make me happier than to be proven wrong. But I think this fan base dramatically over rates this player. And Gross played Dubas for a fool.

He got overpaid by $400k.... If that is enough to get dramatic about, fair enough. The minor overpayment was better than letting him sit, and Dubas constructed the contract to be able to ship his butt out, if desired. He was hardly played. This is a thread to discuss how many points he will score for the balance of the year, perhaps air your grievances elsewhere?

If he's on PP1, it will be 50-60 points

If he's on PP2, it will be 40-50 points.

I expect him to be on PP1 though, to maximize his points, and potential trade value, if made necessary by the Cap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walshy7

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
After scoring 20 goals/60 points during his rookie year, I had huge hopes.

But then he followed that up with... uh... 20 goals/60 points.

I personally think he's overrated, and cashed in on playing his first 2 seasons on Matthews wing (look what happened to Kapanen the very second he was put on Matthews wing, compared to before).

So I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

But whatever 20 goals/60 points over 82 works out to over 54 games... that's what I think he'll get.

Prove me wrong Willie.

Scoring is significantly higher this season don't forget.

I'm expecting 45 points, and 75+ next Season.

Prospero

Feb 23, 2013
Buffalo
49 points I think he could reach

I agree. I think he'll be on the 2nd power play unit. I don't see how he fits on the 1st. He couldn't do Kadri's job, or Tavares', or Mathew's, or Marner's, or Reilly's, but he could play Marner's position on the 2nd unit and really shine in that role. 5 v 5 I'm hoping he slays it with Mathews. I have a feeling he'll be an improved player come playoff time.

Reactions: Dermott The Frog

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I think Kapanen will continue to score more goals. Hopefully, Willy at least scores more points otherwise it's not good.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
He’s gonna bump Mitch down to the 2nd PP unit.
Time to start suppressing Mitch’s #’s.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
I agree. I think he'll be on the 2nd power play unit. I don't see how he fits on the 1st. He couldn't do Kadri's job, or Tavares', or Mathew's, or Marner's, or Reilly's, but he could play Marner's position on the 2nd unit and really shine in that role. 5 v 5 I'm hoping he slays it with Mathews. I have a feeling he'll be an improved player come playoff time.
Improved or just hitting mid season stride and have gas in the tank left that other teams have been threw grinds. That or Tom Wilson gives him a concussion he'll never forget lol!

Skiskate

Nov 23, 2018
I think it will take a few games for him to settle in. But after that i hope he plays like he has something to prove. 15g 31a for 46 points.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
7 points. All assists. 1 for each $1M per year

Because that would make it immensely fun around here.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
The second unit has Jake, Nylander, and a whole lotta nothing, especially with Leivo gone. Maybe Nylander can take that unit and make it shine, but even then the first unit isn't gonna give that second unit many chances.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Embarrass myself how?

I think proven 20 goal/60 point players should be paid like 20 goal/60 point players. You know... like every other team does.

Which is to give no disrespect to 20 goal/60 point players. Those are impressive numbers. But to pay them like other teams pay their proven 34 goal/70 point players under the argument of “they might get better” is pretty stupid.

Nothing would make me happier than to be proven wrong. But I think this fan base dramatically over rates this player. And Gross played Dubas for a fool.
I somewhat agree. If Nylander doesn't outscore Pastrnak the rest of the season, the money they gave him will not be well spent IMHO. Nylander needs to at least match Pastrnak point for point from here on out. Again JMHO.

I think they overpaid Nylander because he has to play for a head coach that he thinks mistreated/misused him.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I somewhat agree. If Nylander doesn't outscore Pastrnak the rest of the season, the money they gave him will not be well spent IMHO. Nylander needs to at least match Pastrnak point for point from here on out. Again JMHO.

I think they overpaid Nylander because he has to play for a head coach that he thinks mistreated/misused him.

Al hope is lost in the nhl if players are allowed to pick the number of points they were supposed to have (and get paid for), and if they get any less, it’s the coaches fault.

Reactions: Sweet Leaf

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
He'll score 38 points

sorry, make that 38.04886843 points for each 4.6292 minutes he plays, and when that's divided by the corsi of the amount of shifts he plays per period, then it equals out to > 71.4t6049372 minutes in points.

So somewhere around there

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
The second unit has Jake, Nylander, and a whole lotta nothing, especially with Leivo gone. Maybe Nylander can take that unit and make it shine, but even then the first unit isn't gonna give that second unit many chances.

A second PP unit of Nylander, Gardiner, Dermott, Johnsson, and Kapanen would solve that problem. It'll happen eventually I think. Babs will use Marleau in there too, which is a reasonable option

(I'm not considering left and right handed shooters in that mix, but think the skill of that group elevates the second unit overall)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tarmore

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
10 goals and 11 assists. Notice that since he returned to the lineup, the Leafs trailed the Red Wings 4-1 before losing 5-4 in overtime and tonight, they spotted the undermanned Bruins 6-1 before potting 2 goals in garbage time.

It still amazes me that William Nylander is making more annually than Brad Marchand and David Pasternak.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
24 points and a ticket out of town in July, provided Dubas doesn't mistakenly trade his replacement instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad