• 36-45 points

• 46-55 points

• HOLY MAKINAW! 56+ points!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacker29

Feb 17, 2015
I'm calling for a career year in both goals and assists in his shortened year.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Matthews is currently goal per game without his 5 on 5 setup man.

Nylander literally just needs to do his zone entry magic then send it to matthews. Combined with his own lethal shot he easily goes point per game

Eric bungay

Jun 30, 2018
Okay, Nylander is “back”, he won’t play for a few more games most likely... but we should expect him back within 3-4 games.

So about game 32, say. That leaves 50 games.

Where do we figure he finishes the regular season in points.

Here are some things we don’t know: where will he go on the PP? I couldn’t find the article but I recall reading in pre-season/off-season that Nylander was planned to be on the 2nd PP unit from the get-go. So I think that nothing has changed on that end.

The 2nd PP unit tends to go out first as the players from PP1 usually draw the penalties.

So he could get good PP usage even on the 2nd unit.

He’s most likely sliding in with Matthews on the “top” line.

We don’t know who his other winger will be...

We don’t know how sluggish he will be either. Maybe he jumps back in, but a slow start is sorta expected.

So how does everyone else see this going for him?
One of two things will happen he comes in an plays like a ghost or he comes back an lights it up an proves him self worthy of his new contract.. My gut says he tells me the latter will happen. Time will tell Go leafs Go !!!!

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
I don’t even mind the fact Nylander might be on pp2 considering how elite he is 5v5. I’m thinking he’s gonna finish with 47-49pts

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Drooling at the thought of him showing Marner-like improvement, and the fact that we're adding that to the team.

That would be sweet.

Reactions: ToneDog

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
he's going to rip it and it's going to spark Matthews. I remember having a heated debate saying Nylander is going to be a better player than Marner. I think everyone forgets how good he is because we lost Kadri in the playoffs and it had a trickle effect on Matthews line. This guy is the real deal.

Hclass47

Apr 28, 2018
46-55, on the low end. Matthews has gone next level this year, they will do serious damage 5 v 5.

I agree... if he’s able to put up near or more than a ppg everyone will be praising Dubas for signing him on the cheap

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
The low for me is 40. Just under his previous ppg with the dip due to lost conditioning from inactivity. High for me would be 48 which is just over a 70pt pace because he is young and very athletic so might find his game right away. That combined with more talent around him and the drive to prove he is worth his deal could make him bust out. Of course he could even do better but I am trying to be realistic rather than go with what is theoretically possible. Missing a bunch of games is not considered a springboard.

i1

Nov 10, 2011
Newfoundland
The Leafs have 54 games remaining, and Nylander has presumably been training in Europe all this time; fitness shouldn't be an issue, but his season ahead is a total wild card. Will he be off all year? Will he be rested and totally on all year? Rusty half and an all-star half?`

My guess is 15 goals and 27 assists for 42 points

Last edited:

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
If Nylander really thinks he can be a star or is just as good as Marner, he's gonna have to go PPG or at least near it. Hoping for 50+ points but 45 points in 54 games should be doable.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
If he gets even PP usage, then 45-50. Depending on how much time it takes him to get going.

If he doesn't get PP time like the others, then around 35-40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad