• 36-45 points

• 46-55 points

• HOLY MAKINAW! 56+ points!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
He better HOLY MAKINAW it at his new cap hit! No excuses, unless, Babcock misuses him, of course.

He needs to be PPG player now, especially in the playoffs!

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
I'll go with 48 points in 53 games. Would be more if he played on the 1st PP. Also, I was looking forward to these PP units:

1st PP:
Matthews - Tavares - Kadri
Rielly - Marner

2nd PP:
Johnsson - Leivo* - Kapanen
Gardiner - Nylander

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Is it confirmed the first PP will be stacked? Because knowing Babcock he'll split them with Willy back.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Is it confirmed the first PP will be stacked? Because knowing Babcock he'll split them with Willy back.

Putting Willy in Kadri's spot on PP1 makes absolutely no sense, not playing to his strengths at all. He'd never have the puck outside of tips and in tight to the net having to make a really quick decision, or as the 2nd guy in to a netfront scrum. He's not going to be there, and won't take any a spot from anyone else. He's almost certainly running PP2.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I think of Nylander as a player who can put up PPG.

I think ES production will be there but it’s ridiculous that our PP is so good that a guy like Nylander would have to play on PP2.

Honestly the Leafs (at least early in the games) should go with a 5 F PP.

For the longest time it was 3 F 2D, now everyone has 4 F and 1D. Time to go 5F.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Putting Willy in Kadri's spot on PP1 makes absolutely no sense, not playing to his strengths at all. He'd never have the puck outside of tips and in tight to the net having to make a really quick decision, or as the 2nd guy in to a netfront scrum. He's not going to be there, and won't take any a spot from anyone else. He's almost certainly running PP2.

No I meant Matthews. I think Babcock's not going to keep the stacked 1PP (Matthews/Tavares/Kadri/Marner/Rielly) but actually split the lineup like so:

Kapanen?(Ovi spot) - Kadri (High-slot) - Tavares (Down-low)
Rielly - Marner

Matthews (Ovi spot) - Johnsson (High-slot) - Marleau? (Down-low)
Gardiner - Nylander

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
No I meant Matthews. I think Babcock's not going to keep the stacked 1PP (Matthews/Tavares/Kadri/Marner/Rielly) but actually split the lineup like so:

Kapanen?(Ovi spot) - Kadri (High-slot) - Tavares (Down-low)
Rielly - Marner

Matthews (Ovi spot) - Johnsson (High-slot) - Marleau? (Down-low)
Gardiner - Nylander
I think with the way it's working right now, I'd want him to keep the stacked unit. The 2nd unit is insurance and is still quite decent to run.

Tavares
Matthews-Kadri-Marner
Rielly

Marleau
Ennis/Kapanen-Johnsson-Nylander
Gardiner

Nylander makes that 2nd unit much more dangerous now, without having to pick apart the stacked unit. Maybe he still mixes things up if the first unit isn't producing but I don't think it's the time.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I picked 36-45 because I think he will be quite sluggish out the gate and probably won’t be in true game form until the end of the month. So he will have about 5-8 points from here to the end of Dec, that leaves about 38ish games to go PPG. So probably around 42-44 points.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
He makes sense on the 2nd PP so he can do his zone entry wizarding and set it up quickly if PP1 doesn't get the job done in the first minute+.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Hmm i voted on the wrong one. I think he will get 37 points. 14g 23a.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'll say dead on 35. Not playing any real hockey for months, missing camp, and not being on that top unit is going to take a bite out of the point totals. And really always a chance he doesn't just play every game he could and catches a cold along the way or something random like that.

If he can blow past that and be on a hot streak the whole way through that's great for the team.

Reactions: nobody

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I predict we’ll see him eased in with lower ice time, which either means not playing full time with Matthews or will play only 5v5 to start.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Voted 46-55. Close to PPG + or -

I HIGHLY doubt Babock takes Matthews off PP1.

Willy plays the same slot as Marner on the PP. I see him running #2 w/ Gardiner. If anything maybe Kadri goes to PP2.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I think of Nylander as a player who can put up PPG.

I think ES production will be there but it’s ridiculous that our PP is so good that a guy like Nylander would have to play on PP2.

Honestly the Leafs (at least early in the games) should go with a 5 F PP.

For the longest time it was 3 F 2D, now everyone has 4 F and 1D. Time to go 5F.

not a bad thought but then you look and Rielly is killing it offensively this year, unfair to move him away. Just embarrassing the talent our team has on offense

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
not a bad thought but then you look and Rielly is killing it offensively this year, unfair to move him away. Just embarrassing the talent our team has on offense

Yeah Rielly is really good. He was always good though, this is just his first year getting even half of the PP time that most offensive defenseman do.

We stack our PP unit but on average our guys are still playing 1-2 fewer minutes than most of the stars at the top of the leader board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad