Speculation: "Nylander may have to be traded"

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
He’s been a consistent 60pt player his first 2 full years and he’s only 22. That could end up being a steal. Especially if he settles in as a top6 70+pt forward.
I wonder if he would have hit 21. if his linemates were Dowd and Gaunce or Chaput and Megna. Pretty sure he ain't getting 60. Hope you Leaf fans remember that when you crap all over Jake V Pur him with AM see how many more points he would have gotten. The bigger question is why isn't he signed yet? Gee maybe Doogie finally put down the ps4 and realized there is such thing as a cap.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Actually, the wet dream is thinking your gonna keep all 3 and somhow mange to bring in the other players your team needs to take that next step. Signing Taveres was the wrong move for the Leafs. If you already had a team capable of advancing past the 1st round and a prospect pool that wasn't ranked 28th and you were just that one missing piece away than I would have loved that signing. Truthfully all you guys did is replace the points you lost in UFA. Im not trying to knock down your team. But it would have made more sense for Vancouver to sign him. We have what you don't. a ton of very good prospects and a ton of contracts coming off the books. We can sign the best UFA next year The Leafs IMO will be the next Sharks. Good enough to get to the playoffs. But not a very good pipeline to fill voids considering you have no money after this year. Lily is never going to be a Hughes or a Bovqist. He may never even play fulltime in the NHL. At this point Even trading Willy won't help much. Since the guy you get back will cost just as much. And sadly not many teams will trade a top 2 RHD for a 61 point winger.

I hope im wrong. I would love nothing more than to see the leafs and Canucks play for the cup. More likely than not. Especially if we trade Edler and Tanev plus a few more. were going to finish pretty close to the bottom. Look at the top 7 or 8 centers in this draft. If the Canucks land Jack or Turcotte or Cozens Kirby Krebs etc. Plus whoever we get for the players we trade. No matter how much anyone hates Vancouver. Nobody with any hockey sense will deny how good they will be.

Sounds good

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
He's a dead ringer for king joffrey

tumblr_inline_omzq36od9e1trmixg_500.png

B6YPRTIIYAIduEF.jpg

He really is HAHAHA

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I wonder if he would have hit 21. if his linemates were Dowd and Gaunce or Chaput and Megna. Pretty sure he ain't getting 60. Hope you Leaf fans remember that when you crap all over Jake V Pur him with AM see how many more points he would have gotten. The bigger question is why isn't he signed yet? Gee maybe Doogie finally put down the ps4 and realized there is such thing as a cap.

Why so upset? What did Nylander do to you? Also, I’m not a leafs fan.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
I should state that i don’t think virtanen was the wrong pick (i just think canucks didn’t handle him properly).

In nylander’s first season, he was paired with brooks laich and colin greening both of whom are grinders and managed to score 13 pts in 21 games. He may not get 60 with two ahlers but at least he does make them look good.

Of the matthew’s line, Jake virtanen’s game probably most resembles hyman’s style. Virtanen’s points would increase, but not up to 40-50. Assuming a line of hyman-matthews-virtanen, Unless hyman is removed, virtanen’s game does not complement matthew’s. Nylander is the playmaker on Matthew’s line and he will score more eventually.

Nylander will get somewhere between 6-6.66mil. 6mil cuz nylander and ehlers are very similar in production and 6.66 is what pastrnak is getting. That leaves 7mil for rookie bonuses. Leafs are fine this season. Next season is interesting.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Besides Horton. All those players will have to be replaced. So, in reality, Horton's money is really the only relief. Leafs no matter what the fans think, I'll take what the scouts say anyday. Have a terrible prospect pool. The Marlies didn't win because of their young talent. They won with the league max vets and a 25-year-old career AHL goalie. Lily in 5 redrafts that I've seen has him going in the 3rd round. Kap is what he is. 24 and still not able to make it full time. Dermott got exposed the more he played. The simple fact is they are ranked 28th. Any improvements once they get some cap room will have to be used in July. They should have stuck to the plan and not got greedy after making the playoffs 2 years in a row. Them and the Oilers are looking like another rebuild won't be far away. Problem is. The Leafs won't be bad enough to get any lottery picks. Ask Vancouver how it was to pick in the bottom ten for 13 years. For god's sake, Nic Jenson was our best prospect.BTW who will replace Jake and Hainsey? Not a lot of top 4 D hit July.
The Marlies won because of their young talent. What drafts have Lil going in the 3rd round? Sure. Kap just turned 22 on July 23rd and took a full time job in January. Dermott got better the more he played. That is not a simple fact; that is spin you have a source?

Last edited:
Reactions: Raymoondo

bpower

Aug 21, 2005
Besides Horton. All those players will have to be replaced. So, in reality, Horton's money is really the only relief. Leafs no matter what the fans think, I'll take what the scouts say anyday. Have a terrible prospect pool. The Marlies didn't win because of their young talent. They won with the league max vets and a 25-year-old career AHL goalie. Lily in 5 redrafts that I've seen has him going in the 3rd round. Kap is what he is. 24 and still not able to make it full time. Dermott got exposed the more he played. The simple fact is they are ranked 28th. Any improvements once they get some cap room will have to be used in July. They should have stuck to the plan and not got greedy after making the playoffs 2 years in a row. Them and the Oilers are looking like another rebuild won't be far away. Problem is. The Leafs won't be bad enough to get any lottery picks. Ask Vancouver how it was to pick in the bottom ten for 13 years. For god's sake, Nic Jenson was our best prospect.BTW who will replace Jake and Hainsey? Not a lot of top 4 D hit July.

Wow, some incredible amounts of salt from the Canucks fan here....

3rd round in a redraft for Lily? Have you seen his comparables for an 18 year old in the AHL? Please show me these 5 redrafts, I'd love to see them. I don't think the Leafs have a great system, but that's because we have so many players that have just graduated. Even with that, the Athletic JUST YESTERDAY ranked the Leafs system at 19th.

Not worried about the Leafs cap at all, would much rather spend 4+ million on Kadri than Beagle.

Last edited:

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
what about Juulsen + Gallagher for Nylander? Juulsen projects as a solid second pairing RH defenseman while Gallagher adds some sandpaper to your line-up...

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

Not sure why this person is directing their bitterness about a severely underperforming 1st rounder at the wrong targets.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
what about Juulsen + Gallagher for Nylander? Juulsen projects as a solid second pairing RH defenseman while Gallagher adds some sandpaper to your line-up...
Eaay pass. We know what Willy can do...we've watched it. If he is dealt, it needs to be for a youngish proven D. Gally is a good player, but the best piece needs to be D.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Patrick Marleau is still important to this team. The psychological impact on the team of moving him before his contract is done is negative. He did well in the playoffs and he is needed to be a steady hand on the left. This is an academic exercise because moving him will never happen

Jul 10, 2003
KW

So much false news here.

First off Kapanen, is not 24. And he did make it make full time. At the age of 21 he pushed a Babcock fave veteran off the roster. FYI he just turned 22 a few weeks ago.

I'd love to see these 5 re-draft with Liljegren in the 3rd round. Are you perhaps confusing him for Virtanen?

Dermott only got exposed as a potential top 4 defender.

Leafs prospect pool is shallow because our top prospects have moved on to become NHL stars. Yeah we're really hurting over here lol.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

Out of all the stuff you got hilariously wrong in the rest of your posts, my favorite part is that you seem to think that Virtanen would have made the Leafs roster last year :laugh:

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Eaay pass. We know what Willy can do...we've watched it. If he is dealt, it needs to be for a youngish proven D. Gally is a good player, but the best piece needs to be D.

I agree. And even that is a pretty big "if".

I think it's a guarantee that Toronto keeps it's awesome forward depth this coming season. If the team clearly doesn't work being that front heavy, then maybe management considers trading Nylander or Kadri. But at the moment, I think everyone in the organization is happy to keep Nylander.

Reactions: Liferleafer

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Damn that Canucks fan's posts are always a riot

They really get going out west, it's a real hate for Toronto, and not just the team.

I consider them the Flyer fans of Canada in terms of anger and nastiness.

The worst part is a few posters have no idea what they are talking about with regards to the Leafs, and they go draft a few nice prospects and all of a sudden nobody can touch them in terms of future.

At least it's entertaining, and I do appreciate the passion that fanbase has.

Last edited:

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
They really get going out west, it's a real hate for Toronto, and not just the team.

I consider them the Flyer fans of Canada in terms of anger and nastiness.

The worst part is a few posters have no idea what they are talking about with regards to the Leafs, and they go draft a few nice prospects and all of a sudden nobody can touch them in terms of future.

At least it's entertaining, and I do appreciate the passion that fanbase has.

As an Oiler fan living in Vancouver I can assure you they are the WORST Canadian Hockey fan base I've come across. Half of them are bandwagoners who only cheer for the team when they are good, the other half are blind to reality and find it fun to make fun of other franchises because they believe their past decade of success (without a cup mind you) gives them a leash to act like they know what they are talking about and that includes how good/bad your team is.

Of course there are always a few good fans, of whom I enjoy having rational, objective hockey conversations with :)

Reactions: DanM

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
As an Oiler fan living in Vancouver I can assure you they are the WORST Canadian Hockey fan base I've come across. Half of them are bandwagoners who only cheer for the team when they are good, the other half are blind to reality and find it fun to make fun of other franchises because they believe their past decade of success (without a cup mind you) gives them a leash to act like they know what they are talking about and that includes how good/bad your team is.

Of course there are always a few good, rational fans, of whom I enjoy having rational, objective hockey conversations with :)

That's how I feel when I listen to them. The amount of venom is unreal, and it's not like they have a storied history or a modern dynasty (like your oilers) it's pretty wild. Also, as Leaf fan, we for sure have our "shake your head" kinda posters lol but I find it comes from just an overabundance of passion and want to be good again. I feel like Canuck fans have some really crazy hate built up, but I do like a few of them, I just don't find many lol

Oiler fan in Van City..... that is a tough road man.

You know whats funny. Even though Toronto is a major big city, I feel like Vancouver residents have a more big city attitude....if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Haha yeah, 5 redrafts with Liljegren going in the 3rd round? This is some priceless S . . T!!
I'm disappointed.
Fans of other teams are going soft.
Lily going in the 3rd round? In the good ol' days of bashing it would have been the 9th round.
I'm afraid that poster has just gone undrafted now.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
So much false news here.

First off Kapanen, is not 24. And he did make it make full time. At the age of 21 he pushed a Babcock fave veteran off the roster. FYI he just turned 22 a few weeks ago.

I'd love to see these 5 re-draft with Liljegren in the 3rd round. Are you perhaps confusing him for Virtanen?

Dermott only got exposed as a potential top 4 defender.

Leafs prospect pool is shallow because our top prospects have moved on to become NHL stars. Yeah we're really hurting over here lol.
He did not make it full time. He was sent to the minors and replace with Gauthier...who the leafs thought was a better choice. .That is not making it full time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad