Speculation: Nylander IX - All Nylander Discussions HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
There is no chance the Canucks are going to move Tanev AND Edler in a single deal though. Their defense with those two gone would be...there are no adjectives to describe how unholy that would be.

Tanev...I'm all about bringing Tanev to TO though. He's a perfect fit, affordable and we need a guy like that.
Their defence would be a train wreck of epic proportions. Will help them be in a better position to draft Jack Hughes. With Quinn Hughes and Juolevi (hopefully) ready next year and an extra year of development for Stecher and perhaps a resigned Edler and Tryamkin brought back, there would be something there going forward.

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
LOL. Your first problem is assuming my Corvette is a depreciating asset. Your second problem is assuming someone's "really cool RV" is somehow "helping me build wealth". Hint: don't bring an RV to a car race. You sound like the guy bringing a knife to a gun fight. Good luck with that.

We're all very impressed with the people you know though. Ba ha ha ha haaaaaaa!!!!!
Your ridiculous Corvette does not appreciate at the same rate of the TSX. It also costs you a lot in insurance and gas.

Buy a reliable 5-year-old corolla and invest the difference. Unless of course you live your life to consume expensive goods.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Lets hope Dubas isn't dumb enough to give Nylander a NTC/NMC with a contract that ends as a UFA. Short of an overpayment, you can kiss Willy goodbye once its done.
Are we really going to worry about 6 years from now? And guys do get moved with a NTC anyways.

member 157595

I personally know I miss the good old days of not having to worry about the cap because our team was absolutely awful. Was much less stressful then having to worry about re-signing all of our really good young players we have now.

Indeed. Without a salary cap the Leafs would never have rebuilt through the draft in the first place. They probably would have continued to spend that money on mediocre free agent bullshit with the goal to impotently reach the pinnacle of mediocrity-

Oh shit, I need to stay in character. Auston Matthews is going to be way overpaid, I'm thinking we should trade him to Arizona (which is where he actually wants to be, just trust me) before we hold him hostage like Nylander.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Lets hope Dubas isn't dumb enough to give Nylander a NTC/NMC with a contract that ends as a UFA. Short of an overpayment, you can kiss Willy goodbye once its done.

Stupid or not, that maybe what gets a long term done. Give him the NMC on the last year or two. I believe Pasta also has a NMC on the last two years of his deal.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

My understanding is that he cannot be offered trade protection as he is on his first RFA contract, hence Nylander's reluctance to take a team friendly deal. "If I take a discount it just means I am more attractive to trade for a Dman".

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I literally just explained that in the post. If Dubas gave him on a short term bridge team the amount he wanted to give him on a long term deal (reportedly) I don't see how you could view that as anything but an abject failure for Dubas.
But nylander also wanted a long term deal so by that logic Nylander folded his tent taking a bridge when he reportedly had no interest in a short term deal.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !

Why not ? Kid expressed his interest to remain a Leaf. His only chance to do so is getting overpaid (harder to trade) and having NTC/NMC's.

If anything if you are a Toronto fan you should be happy he wants to play there after all what happened.

Stupid or not, that maybe what gets a long term done. Give him the NMC on the last year or two. I believe Pasta also has a NMC on the last two years of his deal.

His last two years. Players are eligible for those clauses as soon as they complete their 5th year of contract so those can be included in contracts that cover part or full UFA years.

Reactions: DanM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad