Speculation: Nylander IX - All Nylander Discussions HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017

I can get on board with a 6x6.5

Would not be received well on this board. Many posters want desperately for the Leafs to get screwed, and him be paid in the 7's and 8's.

I don't usually comment on stupid posters, but if he comes in closer to 6, it will feel great to watch the salt and laugh.

P.S. Only because so many people shat all over us and our team.

Reactions: smitty10

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
I can get on board with a 6x6.5

Would not be received well on this board. Many posters want desperately for the Leafs to get screwed, and him be paid in the 7's and 8's.

I don't usually comment on stupid posters, but if he comes in closer to 6, it will feel great to watch the salt and laugh.

P.S. Only because so many people shat all over us and our team.
I mean even if he comes in closer to six, we need only wait until the Matthews negotiations begin to watch you guys suffer again.

;)

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I mean even if he comes in closer to six, we need only wait until the Matthews negotiations begin to watch you guys suffer again.

;)

LMAO so true!

But I believe he will ask, and we will not screw around. I truly believe this was the hardest contract to get.

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
If we are taking Dean Blundell as a legit source it is probably time to stop treating Eklund like a meme.
He's pretty trustworthy. He only puts something out there if he's confident about it. He broke the Babs news and JT news. Other media folks tippy toe around it.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Weren't you the person pumping out his rumor as fact?
You seemed to be posting a lot about it. For the record I am the one that said he was credible due to other things that he has broken, but I am also saying he has said some things that are not so credible. Is there something wrong with balancing out fact from fiction?

Or do you always make everything adversarial here for posters that show balance as in, yes, Blundell is credible based on some of the things he has said, and not so for other things he has said.

Mar 26, 2010
Nylander will be signed by the Saturday. Book it.

Can not wait for the Matthews - Nylander duo to be reunited.

Reactions: Joel Ward

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
That detroit team had an astronomical salary cap. At one point they had both cujo and hasek at 8m+.

To compare that Detroit team with a well managed cap team where players take discounts to win is ridiculous.

Players went to Detroit to win, and to get paid.

They absolutely did. But Yzerman and Shanahan actually took less so they could fit more within that massive budget.

Yzerman made less than top centres at that time, Shanahan made less than top wingers.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
He's pretty trustworthy. He only puts something out there if he's confident about it. He broke the Babs news and JT news. Other media folks tippy toe around it.
No he didn't and no he didn't. He had Babs going to Buffalo right before it broke that he was coming to Toronto. It was also Mirtle and Pagnotta? I believe that were first on J.T. He is absolutely not trustworthy in anyway shape or form lol.

member 157595

;)

I'm personally devastated, for sure. Paying up for young, elite players sure sucks when you can allocate your money elsewhere. WE COULD EVEN AFFORD MULTIPLE DAVID CLARKSONS FOR THE COST OF ONE AUSTON MATTHEWS!

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Yes but the conversation is about Nylander. Toronto is literally Tavares' home town
All I heard is no Toronto players wanted to ever play in Toronto for years. The Leafs still needed to be able to wina cup with him and have a great core.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I'm personally devastated, for sure. Paying up for young, elite players sure sucks when you can allocate your money elsewhere. WE COULD EVEN AFFORD MULTIPLE DAVID CLARKSONS FOR THE COST OF ONE AUSTON MATTHEWS!
I personally know I miss the good old days of not having to worry about the cap because our team was absolutely awful. Was much less stressful then having to worry about re-signing all of our really good young players we have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad