Speculation: Nylander III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Also on Sportsnet.ca - another quote from Burke that I agree with:

“I honestly believe they’re going to go for a long-term deal,” Burke continued. “Kyle Dubas is doing this just right … Make him take a long-term deal at your number, and then he’s tradable. They’ll get way more for him if he’s signed for six years than they will if he’s signed on a bridge deal.”

Don't bridge. Sign him long term and trade him if you need cap space.
So Leafs want Nylander to take a hometown discount so they can move him easier. Shocking that Nylander isn’t down for this...

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
So Leafs want Nylander to take a hometown discount so they can move him easier. Shocking that Nylander isn’t down for this...

IMO... sign Nylander for close to what he wants (more than the Leafs want to pay now) and trade him later if you need cap space.

In the end, I rather Nylander just hold out for the year :)

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
IMO... sign Nylander for close to what he wants (more than the Leafs want to pay now) and trade him later if you need cap space.

In the end, I rather Nylander just hold out for the year :)
I think the amount of money they're negotiating for during the course of a long term contract would be absorbed in that year of sitting out

by all accounts they're looking to get him on something like the Ehlers contract, so are you saying he's worth more than Ehlers?

Reactions: loyaltotheend

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If Nylanders has faith in himself he should ask for a contract that takes him to UFA at a rate that pays him roughly what he would get on a 8 year deal

All that being said Larkin and Ehlers set the standard for Nylander

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
giphy.gif

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

See, now you've gotten yourself into a pickle. Do you compliment Nylander and say he is worth more than Ehlers? Or the Leafs and say that they're doing the right thing playing hard ball trying to get him to sign a fair deal?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Almost betting it ends up being a bridge at this point, especially it they aren't close to the number long term he is looking for. Can't blame the guy, at this level it's business. People always try and push this stuff as these guys being " me players " but if they time comes to move him, they aren't gonna give a damn about how he has worked for the team.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
No, Nylander's agent is the same guy that represents Johnny Gaudreau this is what he does

Sounds like another jackass like Kurt Overhardt. That dude is f***ing poison, Trouba's got plenty of reason's to stay, but we'll probably still end up having to get rid of him to avoid dealing with his manager.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Sounds like another jackass like Kurt Overhardt. That dude is ****ing poison, Trouba's got plenty of reason's to stay, but we'll probably still end up having to get rid of him to avoid dealing with his manager.

He is a prick, but it's also one of the reasons I'm not worried about Nylander missing time, Johnny Goodreau singed the day before the season , I suspect that happens in this case too nobody wants to lose money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad