Proposal: Nylander+gardiner for Pesce and faulk?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
Gardiner for Faulk is a wash other than Faulk having an extra year. I wouldn't do Nylander for Pesce personally

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Just do Nylander for Pesce+Fleury.. Pesce is good, and will be the missing link for the Leafs to be true contenders.

Rielly - Pesce
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Hainsey

Fleury and Liljgeran can come up next season when Gardiner walks.

Aho - Nylander - Teravainen
Foegele - J.Staal - Williams
Ferland - Necas - Svechnikov
McGinn - Rask - Zykov/Martinook

Slavin - Hamilton
de Haan - Faulk
Bean/Carrick - van Riemsdyk

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
nylander and gardiner to car
pesce and faulk to tor

No. That's awful for the Canes.

1.) Returning a defenseman, any defenseman, is a deal-breaker.

2.) Would rather have Pesce than Nylander. Pesce is a building block asset...Willie ain't.

3.) Even the difference between Pesce and Gardiner is substantially-more than the + on Faulk in a Nylander trade.

If something occurs between the Canes and Leafs, it'll probably either be completely unrelated to Nylander or be solid +s on Faulk for Nylander.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
No. That's awful for the Canes.

1.) Returning a defenseman, any defenseman, is a deal-breaker.

2.) Would rather have Pesce than Nylander. Pesce is a building block asset...Willie ain't.

3.) Even the difference between Pesce and Gardiner is substantially-more than the + on Faulk in a Nylander trade.

If something occurs between the Canes and Leafs, it'll probably either be completely unrelated to Nylander or be solid +s on Faulk for Nylander.
Point number two makes no sense. William is just as much as building block as pesce. And no, there will be no faulk + for william. Its pesce straight up or bust and i'd rather just keep him still. Also this current proposal is bad. That I grant you.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I think i'm fine with Pesce for Nylander (Only if Nylander doesn't want to be here at a reasonable price - 6.5 million)

I would wait out Nylander for another month and try and persuade him to be apart of the group before pulling the trigger.

jay caufield forhead

May 17, 2014
not telling you
justin faulk makes gardiner look like a brick wall by comparison.
canes can keep their hard shooting no D 3rd pairing guy

look up the definition of no d and there is a picture of jake gardiner. he is the second most overrated player in the nhl and he is only second because at least he stays healthy. (1st is tanev) Yes the canes will happily keep faulk as compared to gardiner and his soon to be free agent status. gardiner is a brick wall he stands there while opposing players go by him.

Reactions: The S5

jay caufield forhead

May 17, 2014
not telling you
last 2 seasons

gardiner: 95 pts, +33
Faulk: 68pts, -44

but faulk>> gardiner because he has 1 extra year before getting overpaid?

bad take
points for defense men on very offense based system compared to points for a defense men on a team that can barely score. plus minus is the worst stat in nhl history to base players ability on.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
points for defense men on very offense based system compared to points for a defense men on a team that can barely score. plus minus is the worst stat in nhl history to base players ability on.
Plus minus is pretty useless but no, Gardiner didn't simply get points based on the system. He's an offensive dman and he can make brilliant passes at times. He's going to give you 30-40 points regardless of the forward group.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
look up the definition of no d and there is a picture of jake gardiner. he is the second most overrated player in the nhl and he is only second because at least he stays healthy. (1st is tanev) Yes the canes will happily keep faulk as compared to gardiner and his soon to be free agent status. gardiner is a brick wall he stands there while opposing players go by him.
Wouldn't a brick wall be good defensively?

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
last 2 seasons

gardiner: 95 pts, +33
Faulk: 68pts, -44

but faulk>> gardiner because he has 1 extra year before getting overpaid?

bad take
Faulk is significantly better defensively and manages to be a strong rel possession player despite playing on an elite possession team. Meanwhile the Gardiner-Zaitsev pair has been a nightmare on ice this season. Some of that has to be attributed to Zaitsev not looking NHL level, but Faulk is much better at carrying a pair than Gardiner is. To me Faulk is a solid #2 and Gardiner is a pretty good #3.

Reactions: The S5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad