Proposal: Nylander for Theodore

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Keep spreading this misinformation dude.

Ignore that Vegas' Anaheim selection was Clayton Stoner, selected because Anaheim traded Theodore to Vegas as incentive. And even if that weren't the case, Theodore wasn't on the free agent market or waived, so no, he wasn't available for free. I don't know why you keep saying that. But keep showing how much you know about Anaheim's assets.

fair enough. the huge cost for Theodore was a team that needed to reach the cap floor to take on a one year $3m contract.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
fair enough. the huge cost for Theodore was a team that needed to reach the cap floor to take on a one year $3m contract.
Again. Wrong. Even Fox News doesn't spin shit this hard. Was Stoner useful to get to the cap floor? Of course. But Shea Theodore was by every measure Anaheim's top prospect in a tie with Brandon Montour. Anaheim chose to trade the older player because Theodore would hit RFA sooner. Without trading Theodore the Ducks would lose one of Manson, Vatanen, or Fowler. Something they absolutely didn't want to have happen. Losing Theodore wasn't an easy situation for Anaheim. It didn't have anything to do with Vegas needing to reach the cap floor. They could have done that easily by overpaying on contract extensions. It was the expansion draft rules that put Anaheim in a tough spot keeping their more established d-core intact. But had the expansion never happened, Theodore absolutely figured into their long term plans. Hence why he saw regular playoff time with Anaheim.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Again. Wrong. Even Fox News doesn't spin **** this hard. Was Stoner useful to get to the cap floor? Of course. But Shea Theodore was by every measure Anaheim's top prospect in a tie with Brandon Montour. Anaheim chose to trade the older player because Theodore would hit RFA sooner. Without trading Theodore the Ducks would lose one of Manson, Vatanen, or Fowler. Something they absolutely didn't want to have happen. Losing Theodore wasn't an easy situation for Anaheim. It didn't have anything to do with Vegas needing to reach the cap floor. They could have done that easily by overpaying on contract extensions. It was the expansion draft rules that put Anaheim in a tough spot keeping their more established d-core intact. But had the expansion never happened, Theodore absolutely figured into their long term plans. Hence why he saw regular playoff time with Anaheim.

the ducks gave up their top prospect for free?

are they morons?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
the ducks gave up their top prospect for free?

are they morons?
I don't think Anaheim are the morons because they understood that if they didn't trade one of their top prospects then they'd lose a very good established roster player, and seeing as how they were still keeping playoffs in mind, a young roster talent trumps a prospect every time. Maybe if you can drop the desire to paint some picture that Theodore is trash, you'll be able to understand that too.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Someone needs to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del on Zeke. I think his system has crashed.

Honestly DJ, you shouldn't even bother arguing this point. I am certain he is the only person that believes what he's saying. Everyone understands that we moved Theodore to protect our top 4 and ditch Stoner's contract. If he wants to be petulant, let him be that by himself at the kid's table.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Yet he would be arguably the Leafs second best defenseman. I agree that if Nylander is traded it should be for a RHD but lets not downplay Theodore's value.

Theodore is a sheltered bottom pair dman with negative possession and decent offense.

the leafs have many of those.

hell, so do the marlies.

Feb 24, 2017
Again. Wrong. Even Fox News doesn't spin **** this hard. Was Stoner useful to get to the cap floor? Of course. But Shea Theodore was by every measure Anaheim's top prospect in a tie with Brandon Montour. Anaheim chose to trade the older player because Theodore would hit RFA sooner. Without trading Theodore the Ducks would lose one of Manson, Vatanen, or Fowler. Something they absolutely didn't want to have happen. Losing Theodore wasn't an easy situation for Anaheim. It didn't have anything to do with Vegas needing to reach the cap floor. They could have done that easily by overpaying on contract extensions. It was the expansion draft rules that put Anaheim in a tough spot keeping their more established d-core intact. But had the expansion never happened, Theodore absolutely figured into their long term plans. Hence why he saw regular playoff time with Anaheim.
If www.hfboards.com Toronto is trump, this poster you’re tangling with is Sarah Huckabee Sanders or Kellyanne Conway.

This is one of the fiercest, most vigilant keyboard warriors that the www.hfboards.com leafs section has.

Reactions: Exit Dose

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Honestly DJ, you shouldn't even bother arguing this point. I am certain he is the only person that believes what he's saying. Everyone understands that we moved Theodore to protect our top 4 and ditch Stoner's contract. If he wants to be petulant, let him be that by himself at the kid's table.

you guys can make all the excuses for him you want, but it doesn't change that he was given away for nothing.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I don't think Anaheim are the morons because they understood that if they didn't trade one of their top prospects then they'd lose a very good established roster player, and seeing as how they were still keeping playoffs in mind, a young roster talent trumps a prospect every time. Maybe if you can drop the desire to paint some picture that Theodore is trash, you'll be able to understand that too.

they must be morons if they sacrificed their best prospect to protect a guy they then traded for a mediocre 3rd line C.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
they must be morons if they sacrificed their best prospect to protect a guy they then traded for a mediocre 3rd line C.
TIL 50 points and a +11 on a poor defensive team from the third line is mediocre. :laugh:

Your bias is showing way too much and you don't even seem to be aware of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhatTheDuck

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If www.hfboards.com Toronto is trump, this poster you’re tangling with is Sarah Huckabee Sanders or Kellyanne Conway.

This is one of the fiercest, most vigilant keyboard warriors that the www.hfboards.com leafs section has.

Eh. It's fun. It's been a slow Sunday.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
TIL 50 points and a +11 on a poor defensive team from the third line is mediocre. :laugh:

Your bias is showing way too much and you don't even seem to be aware of it.

points and plus minus.

I guess that tells you all you need to know.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
points and plus minus.

I guess that tells you all you need to know.
I mean. For a third line center, 50 points is pretty big. But hey. Keep banging that gong. Maybe instead of being smug you can back up your claim and tell me why he's a mediocre player for a third liner.

The Mentalist

Jun 29, 2018
If Tampa can get Sergachev for Drouin then the Leafs can get a better dman than Theodore for Nylander.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I mean. For a third line center, 50 points is pretty big. But hey. Keep banging that gong. Maybe instead of being smug you can back up your claim and tell me why he's a mediocre player for a third liner.

smug? do you read your own posts?

last 2yrs, regular season and playoffs:

Henrique: 167gms, 12:34 (B- qoc), 1.37p60, 1.06p160, 47.4cf% (-1.5), 47.8xgf% (-1.6)

those numbers there says he gets slightly above average 3rd line quality of competition, is a significantly negative possession player, and produces at a 3rd line level.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Henrique: 167gms, 12:34 (B- qoc), 1.37p60, 1.06p160, 47.4cf% (-1.5), 47.8xgf% (-1.6)

those numbers there says he gets slightly above average 3rd line quality of competition, is a significantly negative possession player, and produces at a 3rd line level.
Except actual production was above that of a third line player. Murray had to chase a center when Kesler got injured and Henrique was what was out there on the market. It's not like he protected Vatanen with the Henrique trade in mind. That happened a significant amount of time later.

Also including playoffs stats in a clear spanking by the Sharks is a cute touch. Just about everyone on the Ducks played poorly in that series.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto

You're a stats person right? Why not compare Theodore to Nylander instead of everything other than Theodore himself?

Reactions: HanSolo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad