Nylander first goal prediction

How will Willy score his first goal?

• Total voters

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Tonight... even strength... on his buddy lundqvist. If im wrong.... oh well. Obviously eventually he'll get going.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I could be wrong but it seems like he has had many nice looks in the slot but has elected to pass instead. I think he will start shooting more and a few of those are going to find a hole. His speed and great hockey sense allow him to create lots of space for himself, he should just concentrate on letting a shot rip immediately when he gets open, let Kadri and Marleau pick up the rebound, and for now don’t worry about looking around for the perfect pass

member 298589

He will probably put one under the bar within the next couple of games. 60% chance PP, 40% chance ES.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I'm guessing he pots one tonight or tomorrow and many will proclaim him to "be back"
and start calling out those who have been critical over the past couple of weeks.

Things will then devolve into the familiar pissing match over what the goal "means" between the factions.

Should be fun for those that like lively debate.

Reactions: Al14

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
You think we could get Dougie Hamilton for him now? Carolina has been a disaster for Hamilton. The fans are turning on him. Proven 40 point guy. Talented. Local kid.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I'm going to wait 2 weeks to think about it.
Willy is gassed in 30 seconds ... so I figure I have lots of time.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Anytime someone on the leafs scores, they seem to either sit directly by Nylander on the bench, or the camera goes to Nylander. He never looks very happy. Everyone is scoring but him.

Team was winning a lot of games without him, and are winning a lot of games with him, without contributing offensively now. Not to say that his possession game hasn't helped the team. I actually saw him win a puck battle today, and saw him hovering around the crease too... hopefully he begins to score and his confidence goes up.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
his late 5 games has been much better than his first 5, hes starting to skate and is buzzing around in the offensive zone as of late...i would put him back with matthews soon, they worked magic for 2 straight seasons, and that top line with marleau hasn't been dangerous enough even strength

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
I really hope that this is a great learning lesson for the Leafs fans out there who said that the idea of players sitting out part of the season and having bad statistical seasons who a notion that was false.

IF you are a leafs fan that thought Nylander was going to just show up and starting scoring 3 months into the season then you know LESS THAN ZERO!

Nylander is all but useless for the whole entire season.

I just hope he can get up to speed and play like his old self by the time the playoffs role around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->