Nylander Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
But if you're talking about performance vs. salary, everyone sucks and is overpaid compared to Pasternak, which makes the comparison kinda pointless. Unless your only point is that Pasternak rules.

I'm not talking about current perforamance vs. salary. How did you get that from my post?

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I'm not talking about current perforamance vs. salary. How did you get that from my post?

Well, I said "But if you're talking about...."

Buty why else would you discuss Pasternak in the Nylander thread if you aren't talking about their contracts? Pasternak is one of the best players in the league.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015

Buty why else would you discuss Pasternak in the Nylander thread if you aren't talking about their contracts? Pasternak is one of the best players in the league.
Because it was stupid to pay a proven 20 goal/60 point player the same as another team paid their player who paced for 37 goals/78 points. I mean... many of us SCREAMED that this is what would happen. We SCREAMED it.

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Was thinking similarly. Pasta has left Nylander and many players in his dust. Bruins are licking their chops as Pasta continues to over perform on his contract. Would be nice if Nylander can close the gap some but right now it is not even close.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
The only reason i want Nylander traded is these stupid threads going on forever. But the team would probably not get anything better in return if that happened.

Same. It's funny how there's always someone on here that stirs shit up. There was literally nothing going on, so some poster decides to say "Haha let's shit on Nylander today by bringing up Pastrnak and his contract".

Nylander joins the recent list of Kessel, Gardiner, Kadri to be run out of town.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Rantanen had been at his production level two years in a row. Marner only one. Look how much more Marner got paid. How come the justifications for Pastrnaks contract compared to Nylander don’t apply to Rantanen vs Marner?
Marner's contract is still garbage, but the difference here is Rantanen was carried by an elite linemate two years in a row while Marner was centered by Bozak/Kadri. And Marner still outscored him at 5v5 over those years. Also, Rantanen got far more PP time, which further skewed things

Reactions: TheOneArmedMan

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
Im not a fan of Marners contract.
That’s the problem so many of us have. Based on the arguments made to rationalize Nylanders contract compares to Pastrnaks, Marner should be making significantly less than Rantanen. Not significantly more.

It’s the lack of consistency that drives us crazy.

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
Marner's contract is still garbage, but the difference here is Rantanen was carried by an elite linemate two years in a row while Marner was centered by Bozak/Kadri. And Marner still outscored him at 5v5 over those years. Also, Rantanen got far more PP time
Such bullshit.

Marner was playing with Jonathan f***ing Tavares his only good season. And how come the linemate excuse wasn’t applied to Marner vs Aho?

There is NO consistency.

HappyJoy

Jun 17, 2019
You should be upset at that atrocity of a contract, not at the fans who are 100% correct in criticizing it.

Compared to you I'm not going to get upset about anything about this team. Especially not contracts, that's crazy how people get worked up about it. Just how do you fine the time?

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Nobody is suggesting that -but fsct remains 5v5 production temds to be more impactful overall due to the simple fact that the majority of every game is played at that situation.

More so with Nylander given the fact that Babs tends to utilze him at a larger role at 5v5 vs pp (ie that hes on the 2nd pp unit)
sure I suppose, but look at the breakdown of goals scored 5v5 per 60 versus goals scored pp per 60;)

If Nylander deserved 1st PP minutes he would be getting them, because the coach is an NHL coach and every, not most NHL coach's want to win. No coach bites his nose off to spite his face

HappyJoy

Jun 17, 2019
That’s the problem so many of us have. Based on the arguments made to rationalize Nylanders contract compares to Pastrnaks, Marner should be making significantly less than Rantanen. Not significantly more.

It’s the lack of consistency that drives us crazy.

Lack of Consistency is one of the words of House HFBoards.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Trading Nylander as I’ve seen suggested in here is easier said than done. I said before and will say it again when money come up! I wouldrather have Kadri,Gardiner and our third rounder than Barrie,Kerfoot and the 6th rounder and Ceci.

Thats the real mistake that took place in the off season.

Kadri and Ceci are a $4,500,000 wash
Kerfoot and Barrie are $6,250,000 against Gardiners $4,050,000.

The $2,200,000 difference and the lost 3rd and the loss of better players is not a good management of cap and team betterment. Sandin and Lilly could be here and still have more money than currently.

It was bad moves, we miss Gards and Kadri significantly

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Trading Nylander as I’ve seen suggested in here is easier said than done. I said before and will say it again when money come up! I wouldrather have Kadri,Gardiner and our third rounder than Barrie,Kerfoot and the 6th rounder and Ceci.

The $2,200,000 difference and the lost 3rd and the loss of better players is not a good management of cap and team betterment. Sandin and Lilly could be here and still have more money than currently.

You forget that you have Brown and Z's cap hits if you don't have Ceci. Either way you cannot keeps Gards.

Reactions: Walshy7

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Marner's contract is still garbage, but the difference here is Rantanen was carried by an elite linemate two years in a row while Marner was centered by Bozak/Kadri. And Marner still outscored him at 5v5 over those years. Also, Rantanen got far more PP time, which further skewed things
I think it is hard to make the argument that Rantanen is a product of MacKinnon. It is no coincidence that MacKinnon production skyrocketed when Rantanen made his way to the NHL. Avs fans I have talked to have said similar things, definitely not riding Mack's coattails.

While I agree about the PP time as the Avs forwards got a stupid amount of PP time the last couple of years.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC

Barrie , Ceci , will not be with us next year , it was away to loosen our purse strings for next year and do some housecleaning as well .
Sometimes you have to do what you have to do ..
Sometimes you have to sacrifice immediate for future and in doing so take care of some business

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Barrie , Ceci , will not be with us next year , it was away to loosen our purse strings for next year and do some housecleaning as well .
Sometimes you have to do what you have to do ..
Sometimes you have to sacrifice immediate for future and in doing so take care of some business

Kadri was a best cap efficiency contract for a great center with grit. Sorely missed grit. His suspension last playoff was his death sentence apparently.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Kadri was a best cap efficiency contract for a great center with grit. Sorely missed grit. His suspension last playoff was his death sentence apparently.
Cap yes
Useful to our team the way we are set up for two line top heavy reliance ,
No
It was all about do we want or need him on our 3rd line ?
Does he want to be on our 3rd line ?
I think it was the right move for us
Also I must say and admit , I wasn’t and am not a Kadri fan , just am not
I don’t think he brought it every night , you could argue 1 out of every 4 games and also and this is only an opinion , he wasn’t well liked in the room ?

Reactions: egd27

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
All these comparisons to Pastrnak based on the player he is now is nonsensical. He's one of the best players in the league. That's a ridiculous standard to set for expectations on Nylander.

Sure, Pasta is better. Some people said that even before Dec 2018 when Nylander signed his contract. Some people said that Nylander should get less than Pasta before Dec 2018 as well.

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
The biggest thing about nylander and his contract is he missed time and held out. But dubas gave him a better contract than better players and then gave him all the money he lost by sitting out in a bonus structure.

The kid is over 6 ft close to 200 lbs of solid muscle and he avoids contact like the plague. I’m not saying he should be running guys or fighting but I would like to see two things from him

Like to see him take a hit to drive to the net when he attacks the dman on the outside instead of either dumping the puck in the corner or doing a curl back.

Second is would like to see him attack the dman and separate him from the puck by using his body,

The reason Babcock doesn’t like him is he is far to soft.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
You are on record as saying points should be used as comparables. If nylander was worth 7mm after 61 points, why is Marners 11.9mm contract so eggregious after 93? The double standards are amazing here

Marner had 94
Points matter lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad