Speculation: Nylander contract talk (All Nylander talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I wonder how many Leafs posters now claiming that he is not worth $7M will be singing his praises once he signs and the season starts.

It will be fun to refer back to this thread...

:vhappy:

giphy.gif

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
How was the Habs able to get Patch and Gallagher at their great cap hits while Price and Subban got the max deals? There is no fairness here. It's a negotiation and Nylander and his agent are not interested in a long term team friendly deal. You are being too sensitive IMO.

No. Like a lot of leaf fans I am sick of people trying to tell us what the facts of the situation are when Duby and Willies camp have said absolutely nothing of any substance. But apparently you can read minds and have sat down in the meetings.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hullsy47

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
No. Like a lot of leaf fans I am sick of people trying to tell us what the facts of the situation are when Duby and Willies camp have said absolutely nothing of any substance. But apparently you can read minds and have sat down in the meetings.

[mod]
nylander insulted the leafs if he indeed asked for 8 million ,I think he ll sign but he has no leverage really ,kadri money is more than fair .
the same way Mathews and marner will squeeze more out of dubas ,nylander is getting squeezed by the leafs
a bridge deal for willy could happen ,but im thinking larkin deal is the best comparison ,willy might not get much pp time with leafs .
he can always ask for a trade if his agent think he ll 7 -mill somewhere .

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
nylander insulted the leafs if he indeed asked for 8 million ,I think he ll sign but he has no leverage really ,kadri money is more than fair .
the same way Mathews and marner will squeeze more out of dubas ,nylander is getting squeezed by the leafs
a bridge deal for willy could happen ,but im thinking larkin deal is the best comparison ,willy might not get much pp time with leafs .
he can always ask for a trade if his agent think he ll 7 -mill somewhere .

Say what? Kadri money isn't even fair for Kadri at this point.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

[mod]

That's it... nobody is aloud to talk to Leafs fans about their opinion. They are sick of it people. :biglaugh:

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
That's it... nobody is aloud to talk to Leafs fans about their opinion. They are sick of it people. :biglaugh:

You really are being intentionally obtuse...
Every post almost without fail is you telling a leaf fan they are wrong and you are right. We don't know anything about our team and management but you do. You keep running on and on like a drunken high school girl about how it's a bridge deal and nothing but. When in point of fact if it was a bridge deal it would have been done by now. BOTH sides have said they want a long term deal. REPEATEDLY

But you apparently know better.

The only reason this is any sort of a "problem" is because people like you believe and buy into the media's bullshit about why the deal isn't done, how Willie will be traded and that Duby during one of the most important negotiations of his life lied to JT as he will not be able to sign the core.

Fact is... people don't want the leafs to be good. They want their whipping post to stay where it is.

You and Sid should both goto therapy together and get over your anger and hatred issues

Steeze

Dazed Dilettante.
Jul 23, 2015
I'm still hoping for something closer to 6, but something like 7x7 wouldn't be terrible, he'd grow into that pretty quick I think. As long as he's signed for something that's tradeable if need be and doesn't get some crazy NMC, I don't see the problem.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
6 x 6.75 IMO.

That's a hair over 40 mil and he'll still be able to sign another nice UFA deal (a la, JVR) when he's 28-29.

Reactions: Critical91

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I like it!

Sets the tone for Rantanen (7?), Connor (6.5?) and Donato (6?)

I think cost effective contracts are good for all of us. This whole notion of not wanting him to sign for a reasonable price is silly.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm still hoping for something closer to 6, but something like 7x7 wouldn't be terrible, he'd grow into that pretty quick I think. As long as he's signed for something that's tradeable if need be and doesn't get some crazy NMC, I don't see the problem.
That’s probably something he needs to weigh. IMO RFA guys shouldn’t be taking discounts because they can’t have control over where they play since they can’t have a ntc in their contract until they hit their UFA years. So why take a discount and risk getting dealt?

Discounts are fine when you are UFA age since you can get trade protection.

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Did anyone else hear that the leafs are in talks with 15-20 other teams about possibly trading Nylander? I saw it on Reddit, and the person who posted about it has been known to break other news (about the Flames) before official release (Brouwer buyout, Hamilton trade and Lindholm extension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad