Speculation: Nylander contract talk Part II - (All Nylander talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
So you point out a minor factual statement from the post and completely say nothing about the main point of the post. Gotcha yah!

So he's not going to be offer sheeted, but rather he will either be signed and traded (as rare as an offer sheet), or signed to either a bridge or a long term deal?

Yes.

Those are all of the available options at this point.

Reactions: Hunter368

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Leafs refuse to overpay. We've done that in the past and we wont now. Becuase we've learned.

Edmonton?

Edmonton ****ed all this **** up by overpaying Drasaitl.

If Edmonton didn't fold like a cheap lawn chair, this would have already been done by now.

Some Leafs fans are really obsessed with Edmonton.... Edmonton this, Edmonton that... Our GM cannot do his job because Edmonton this....

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Is that you Dreger? Also hurt relationship? Are you aware that it is not even October yet and he is not the first - nor last RFA to hold out this long? Laughable narrative.

Even if that narrative HAD some truth to it, I would rather piss of Nylander and lose him then do it to Marner or Matthews.

Damn beat me to the Dreger chirp.

Well aware of the time lines and history of RFA signings and hold outs. Leaf fans seem a bit sensitive here to me posting one obvious possible outcome (among other options), note the word possible. No place did I say it was a forgone conclusion. Its one possible outcome, this the reason why people here and hockey media have discussed it......ignoring one obvious outcome is silly. Again where did I say it was a forgone conclusion.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
I said this before:

- Offer sheets just aren’t a realistic option with any team, teams just don’t use them.

- Nylander will be signed and/or traded (west)

- If signed it could be either a bridge or long term.

- If signed, despite public statements by the team, agent and player I have to wonder if the relationship between team & player has been hurt. We all know public statements are worthless.

"something may or may not happen, hockey insider... darren dreger, reporting."

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Some Leafs fans are really obsessed with Edmonton.... Edmonton this, Edmonton that... Our GM cannot do his job because Edmonton this....

Well f*** man. Hockey analysts all over the NHL agree Drai was over paid.

Ya done gone f***ed shit up for the rest of the league.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Well **** man. Hockey analysts all over the NHL agree Drai was over paid.

Ya done gone ****ed **** up for the rest of the league.

Yea, Nylander expecting 95% of Drai salary while producing about 80% of Drai's output should be blamed on
  • his agent
  • his greed
  • the inexperience of your GM
  • Edmonton

If Edmonton offered 8.5 mils after a 77 point season, and Nylandeer expects 8 mils after back to back 61 seasons, his expectations are not at Drai level, they are way above... So stop blaming Edmonton and look at your player or GM...

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Yea, Nylander expecting 95% of Drai salary while producing about 80% of Drai's output should be blamed on
  • his agent
  • his greed
  • Edmonton
Just to chime in here, the Leafs are not blameless in how salaries have shot up for mediocre guys either.

The day they paid Phaneuf was the beginning of the end of sensible contracts. Kessel coming off an RFA deal too for that matter.

I’m sure there were some head scratchers before them, but I remember those ones vividly thinking thanks a bunch you idiots

member 290103

Pretty sure Dufas could pry Tanev out of Vancouver by offering up Nylander - with a very minimal add.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Just to chime in here, the Leafs are not blameless in how salaries have shot up for mediocre guys either.

The day they paid Phaneuf was the beginning of the end of sensible contracts. Kessel coming off an RFA deal too for that matter.

I’m sure there were some head scratchers before them, but I remember those ones vividly thinking thanks a bunch you idiots

Those are the two that come to mind, not Clarkson?

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017

You can't call Kessel and Phaneuf's contracts RFA deals. They were entering the last year of their RFA deals and about to enter free agency.

Kessel was also paid appropriately. He was just on a very bad team and had to shoulder the offensive load without any support from lower lines.

Phaneuf was overvalued and paid though.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Jeez I could even go for an Eklund rumor at this point!! I wonder if he is going to fly over when the deal looks close to being done or will he wait till a deal is done before he flies here.

member 290103

Oh joy oh bliss.....if only we could be so lucky...:thumbd:

You joke, but when your boys in blue there start getting turnstiled on a regular basis and you are out in the first round, you'll regret being dismissive.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Jeez I could even go for an Eklund rumor at this point!! I wonder if he is going to fly over when the deal looks close to being done or will he wait till a deal is done before he flies here.
File this under stuff i never thought i'd hear....

Reactions: JohnnyT91

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
  • his agent
  • his greed
  • Edmonton

If Edmonton offered 8.5 mils after a 77 point season, and Nylandeer expects 8 mils after back to back 61 seasons, his expectations are not at Drai level, they are way above... So stop blaming Edmonton and look at your player or GM...

We are not paying him Draisaitl money because he's only produced 2 60 point seasons. He should sit somewhere inbetween pasternak and Ehler. (6.5) And that's what he's going to have to accept. Because we are not Edmonton.

I'm not the only one that says Edmonton overpaid. Literally every hockey analyst I've heard talk about the subject says they overpaid as well.

So ya. I'm blaming Edmonton for tossing a cog in this wheel due to idiocy.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad