Nylander Chronicles XXIX - The Walking Dead Version

Willy Stay Or Willy Go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I think patience is wearing thin. I think if he comes back and works hard he'll be welcomed with open arms. But if Dec 1 comes and goes the players will want to distance themselves from him.

He's like every co-worker you ever had that doesn't pull their weight. Nobody likes that guy/gal.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
I think patience is wearing thin. I think if he comes back and works hard he'll be welcomed with open arms. But if Dec 1 comes and goes the players will want to distance themselves from him.

You must be friends with some of the TML team to know all this or are you just blowing hot air? Ridiculous assumptions abound on this thread.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
You must be friends with some of the TML team to know all this or are you just blowing hot air? Ridiculous assumptions abound on this thread.

Common sense man. They want to win if the offer is fair the team just looks at him as the guy that doesn't want to win with them.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa

Never said I knew anything. Maybe settle down or learn the difference between think and know?

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Would we be able to talk to mark stone about an extension? What about willy for stone and a prospect?

He would have to rot in Ottawa, which would be funny, we could boo the crap out of him when he comes to town, and we get better right now. Stone and Matthew's together would never lose the puck.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I would let him sit out the year, find gainful employment outside the league and let him build some hype and trade him later if it ever came to that. The December 1 deadline is so artificial and makes me laugh at some of the returns Sportsnet is throwing out there. Let him sit, let him make the case for being the "best player not in the NHL" while dominating in the KHL or something and make a decision next summer.

The other thing to consider too is that while Nylander can't rejoin the NHL after December 1, we could still probably deal him to a bottom feeder for a trade deadline return. For example, imagine a team like the St. Louis Blues were moving on from Alex Pietrangelo (to use an appealing star player) and are tanking for the 1st overall. They could still pick up Nylander in a futures package, not get any better to hurt their rebuild and tanking to boot or pay him the rest of the year.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
He plays regularly on the right and he is on the high end of what Nylander might return. Might have to add
Willy being traded seems complicated. Really can't understand why another team would pay him more than the Leafs would. Adding to Willy just seems wrong.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Willy being traded seems complicated. Really can't understand why another team would pay him more than the Leafs would. Adding to Willy just seems wrong.

DEC 1ST..I think they are waiting. Also know a guy at Tsn who said no one knows anything..anything we hear is filler because it's a hot topic

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I think this is the 4th time I've clicked on one of the Nylander threads, and my mental health is great. I don't hate Dubas or Nylander! When he signs I'll get a notification, until then who cares. Would recommend.

Reactions: kb and nobody

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I think this is the 4th time I've clicked on one of the Nylander threads, and my mental health is great. I don't hate Dubas or Nylander! When he signs I'll get a notification, until then who cares. Would recommend.

Cared enough to assure us of your mental health? I wonder what Nylanders mental health is like right now,. Think he is nervous?

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
You know just as much as anyone else and that's absolutely nothing-just as bad as a conspiracy theorist.

So you're doubling down on your premise that I don't know something I've already admitted to not knowing. Good to know.

I said I think his teammates patience is wearing thin. Is it that hard to believe that could be the case? Even some of them? If you don't think so - that's fine. I think differently.

Reactions: CelticDruid

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Would we be able to talk to mark stone about an extension? What about willy for stone and a prospect?

He would have to rot in Ottawa, which would be funny, we could boo the crap out of him when he comes to town, and we get better right now. Stone and Matthew's together would never lose the puck.

I think some posters need to step away from the ledge. Mark Stones career high is 3 points more than Nylander while being 4 years older.

Making trades for the sake of putting a player in a bad situation so we can boo him is shortsighted at best and plain lunacy at worst...

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
I think some posters need to step away from the ledge. Mark Stones career high is 3 points more than Nylander while being 4 years older.

Making trades for the sake of putting a player in a bad situation so we can boo him is shortsighted at best and plain lunacy at worst...
Lol I know but it's more than just the points. Stone also got a ppg last year while playing with a worse linemate than matthews

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Like moths to the light,I guess! It is a good thing that there are no 'leaks'...that would be ugly! I know it is just business ,however if Willy stays ,I hope for no lingering animosity!

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
Dubas hasn't inquired about any player on any other team - he listens to the offers and then chuckles to himself - Dubas loves Nylander - had him on the Marlies

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Teams might pay because he wouldn't be their 5th most valuable forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad