Proposal: NYI - SJ - Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Honestly I think the Oil would be better off holding onto Pulju for the year, than trading him for another work in progress.

In the current situation, both the Oil and Pulju essentially get a mulligan. He gets a needed year of development away from the team in a more comfortable environment (He's a good example of a player needing time as "a big fish in a small pond" vs. just keeping his head above water at the NHL level). The Oil on the other hand get a year without the drama of a under-preforming high pick who's struggling to "get it" playing on the active roster. If they bring in someone like Ho-Sang, than they're right back to that same spot.

I prefer giving Yamamoto, Marody, and Benson shot. Even if they fail to win a spot/under-preform in TC, they can all go to Bakersfield without drama or distraction to develop further, and the Oil can use Gagner as a stopgap RW'er in the middle 6. If you toss Ho-Sang there and he struggles, your only options are waivers or hoping that he eventually improves.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Unless the Sharks get a legitimate top 6 winger, they're not going to let go of Merkley. They have no real push to let him go when they have Burns and Karlsson on the right side. They can take their time with him. So either they get a deal that is to their liking or they wait him out to hit or miss.

Reactions: BHD

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Have you actually watched him play? I highly doubt you’ve seen much of him. He may not pan out but it’s definitely not because he lacks offensive ability.

Can’t take much of what you say seriously though. Puljujarvi is just 21 and you said he’s “almost a bust already”. That’s ridiculous.

And I am supposed to take someone saying ho sang is electrifying seriously? If ho sang is electrifying, so is Austin czarnik

Yes I have seen both ho sang and pulju played....close to bust is a valid description. IMO, each has one year of NHL left to prove they can play before it's official

Last edited:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Maybe, maybe not. For example Ribeiro or Niederreiter or St-Louis... it could help, but nothing is sure. Sometimes players take the new start and it work. Will never know before it happen.

Same thing with Puljujarvi or Ho-Sang... maybe, maybe not.

And i know it could be a mistake to trade good potentiel young players: for example: Teravainen

This reply is so incoherent I genuinely don’t get your point.

Reactions: Gecklund

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
What are the chances Ho-Sang ends up on waivers? I think he’s good enough to stick on an NHL roster, but is he Trotz material? Not trying to poke or prod Islander fans, would just like to hear some honest opinions on the matter.

And if waivers becomes a reality, I’d like to see the Oil trade a late pick for him (as I see Ottawa making a claim for sure). 6th rd pick good enough in that case?

probably have to hear a bit more on the health of ladd/clutter in regards to what kind of space is left as a 13th fwd that rotates in and out with the likes of kuhnackl/fritz

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
the oilers would be best using Plujujarvi in a package to bring in an estabished player next summer. Teams will be looking to cut cap and I could see Edmonton targeting a team like that.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
3 players who need a new begining.. Young with problems of Ego or else.

So,

Josh Ho Sang vs Jesse Puljujarvi vs Ryan Merkley

NYI: Puljujarvi
Edmonton: Merkley
San Jose: Ho Sang

Maybe picks involve if not egal
Merkley is nothing like the other two...those two have flamed out in the NHL, Merkley hasn't even gotten to the AHL yet.

With all that said, 3-team trades never happen in the NHL...so this is highly unrealistic.

Reactions: themelkman and DFF

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I wouldn’t mind giving Ho-Sang a shot but I’m ok with leaving Puljujarvi to sit the season and use the cap savings not signing him at the deadline if we have a shot at the post season.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Ho boy, is this the sourest grapes I’ve seen on this forum for a while. :laugh:

Don't know what you are talking about. I had no opinion of the trade either way, and I still don't. I've thought for a long time that JHS was not an NHLer and just as skilled one dimensional low IQ player.

This isn't sour grapes. It's the opposite. This is calling out an exploded ego. None of the three players are worth much right now, and to argue the degree of trash they are or brag about it is downright pathetic.

Less smelly poop doesn't make it a rose for Christ's sake.

Reactions: Groo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad