Proposal: NYI - SJ - Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I think Ho-Sang Vs Puljujarvi could be a good basis for a deal. Keep the Sharks out of it, since I don't think OIlers are interested in another dman and I don't think the Sharks have any problem with Merkley for now since he's still on ELC

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I think teams dealing with players who supposedly come with heavy baggage would opt for a break from them rather than dealing with a different one.

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
Why? Why would you rather have either of Pulju/Ho-Sang for Merkley when you can have either player for probably a 3rd?

The value of Merkley decline with days ... His Junior team didnt put him on the starting lineup .. They dont want him, despite his big talent...

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
Junior Teams decides to let him down because of his Ego. SJ might be tired of his attitude.. no control

Doubtful that the sharks feel that way, if anything you have to think they would want to see him in a locker room with Burns and EK65 before making that decision. Easy to have an ego when you're the most skilled on your team. A lot tougher when you're under 2 of the best offensive defenseman in the NHL. As a sharks fan I'd rather them take the chance on his ego changing when he joins the squad as he can be the eventual replacement to Burns when he is older. Cant see the sharks giving up on a player of his skill level until they see how he meshes with the squad.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I’d rather sink or swim with Ho-Sang. Can’t teach that speed and skill.

As an Islanders fan my big worry is Ho Sang will not work in Trotz system. The fact we were hard up for goals yet Ho Sang was never an option should speak volumes

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
Doubtful that the sharks feel that way, if anything you have to think they would want to see him in a locker room with Burns and EK65 before making that decision. Easy to have an ego when you're the most skilled on your team. A lot tougher when you're under 2 of the best offensive defenseman in the NHL. As a sharks fan I'd rather them take the chance on his ego changing when he joins the squad as he can be the eventual replacement to Burns when he is older. Cant see the sharks giving up on a player of his skill level until they see how he meshes with the squad.

I think Burns could be a Big Brother for him. Will see.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
As an Islanders fan my big worry is Ho Sang will not work in Trotz system. The fact we were hard up for goals yet Ho Sang was never an option should speak volumes

That’s a fair concern. I just feel like he’s produced at the NHL level but has never really been let
Loose. He’s never going to great defensively but the guys skills are off the charts. He’s not a goal scorer but he pushes the offense and helps possession.

My fear is he will not make the team out of camp and will be waived. There’s no way he goes unclaimed.

I trust Trotz so whatever happens happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->