Proposal: NYI-OTT

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I really don't think that Karlsson is the best fit for NYI if they sign Tavares from a salary-cap management point of view. And if they don't sign John Tavares, I don't think they can afford the assets it will take to acquire him. From NYI perspective, I think the Senators can find a better trade partner.

Reactions: IODCPiper

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Bellows is close. He could challenge for a spot. Only problem is he doesn’t seem to generate his own offense.
Hard to say what will happen with EK,he may even resign ....I think the NYI will keep their star, have a great draft and build up a pretty good team...Trading for EK doesnt seem to fit what is happening in NY

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Yeah I doubt the Isles are moving Beauvillier for anyone that might walk in a year. Someone posted in another thread picks 11 and 12, Bellows and Pulock. Seemed pretty reasonable to me and probably the most NYI would offer outside of another 2nd/decent prospect.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
If they do this they wont have the money to resign JT so its clearly a no, and if JT is gone then they wont be trading young assets to win now which is also a no.

Reactions: dano16

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The NYI will resign the star,and keep their deep prospect pool intact...They really dont need to blow everything on a superstar defender right now

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We have like the second most cap space in the NHL
With a young star on his ELC Barzal is going to be expensive,but totally worth it...Again you guys are looking real good with pieces you have and have coming ...Just stay the course,Ottawa cant trade its best ever player for prospects we need to bring in a young nhler or two...We cant market picks...

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
We have like the second most cap space in the NHL

Ohh wow they have like half a team to resign. I actually did not realized they had this much freed up though so thanks for correcting me.

So with their current cap space of 32m, JT gets 13m of that EK will be getting 10 of it, Ryan for Clutter adds and extra 2m which leaves 7m to sign about 5-7 players. Seems close

Barzilla

Sep 16, 2009
Dirty O
Hard to say what will happen with EK,he may even resign ....I think the NYI will keep their star, have a great draft and build up a pretty good team...Trading for EK doesnt seem to fit what is happening in NY
I agree totally, karlsson is a great player. I just don’t see him as a fit for nyi, cap wise, and as a player tbh.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Really? Why do you doubt that?

Because he's draft +3, has yet to play against professional competition, and he has below-average speed. His draft +2 year wasn't anything to write home about. Beauvillier's draft +1 year was far more impressive in comparison. I mean, why do you think he could step in next year?

Bellows needs to play a year in the AHL before we know if whether he's a scorer or a grinder. If he plays in the NHL next year I'm afraid he'll end up just a grinder.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Islanders get: Erik Karlsson and Bobby Ryan (2M retained)

Senators get: 11th and 12th overall picks, Cal Clutterbuck, Kieffer Bellows, Scott Mayfield

In section 96 of the NHL rules it states no team shall employ Andrew Ladd and Bobby Ryan simultaneously

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad