Confirmed Trade: [NYI/NJD] Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac (both @50%) for AJ Greer, M Jobst, 21 1st, cdnl 22/23 3rd/4th

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Good deal for both sides. Wonder who shifts to the wing with the Zajac addition? Didn’t expect the islanders to go after a centre, but why not

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
How is it good for NJ?

If Zajac doesn’t retire, he will likely sign with the Devils this offseason. He has a lot of ties to the area. Palmieri is a player on the decline who likely would not re-sign anyway. A low first rounder in a crap shoot kind of draft is a good return considering the circumstances.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I'm surprised nobody could beat that.
Sometimes it is more than just who can make the best offer. Certain GMs prefer working with eachother, and I certainly believe future considerations are attached to more trades in practice than they are in matter of fact. Possible NJ owed Lou one. Also possible Palmieri and Zajac didn't want to be traded too far out of the area

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Good deal for both sides. Wonder who shifts to the wing with the Zajac addition? Didn’t expect the islanders to go after a centre, but why not
Zajac? I'm not sure. The one other spot that has been a bit of a problem for us (aside from Lee's) has been third line LW. Palmieri also forces a move, most likely Bailey to LW, but including Zajac is def a surprise.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
What's NJ top 6 now

Bratt Zacha Hughes
Wood Hischier Johnsson

??

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Good for both teams but fantastic for the Islanders. Lou Lam just "gets it". That's quite a team that he has pieced together.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
These guys will fit like a glove on that isles team. Though Palms really can be an infuriating player to watch when he's not on, and he has been anything but on this season.

I'm bummed to see Zajac go but part of me wonders if him being included is less about the return and more about giving him a shot at the Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad