Confirmed Trade: [NYI/NJD] Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac (both @50%) for AJ Greer, M Jobst, 21 1st, cdnl 22/23 3rd/4th

Jan 21, 2018
Glad Dubas didn’t jump the gun, Foligno trade looks brilliant when you compare it to other deadline moves.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Glad Dubas didn’t jump the gun, Foligno trade looks brilliant when you compare it to other deadline moves.
I mean in all honestly I think the isles have the edge with this one vs the foligno trade, though that could just be the homer goggles.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I mean in all honestly I think the isles have the edge with this one vs the foligno trade, though that could just be the homer goggles.
Really depends on how the teams fare in the playoffs. Remember last year a lot of posters here thought TBL overpaid for Coleman. TBL fans are still laughing about that opinion with their Cup.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Idk while I think the Islanders got good value here, I don't really feel like either Zajac or Palmieri add anything that the Islanders lack.

Zajac is a defensive center when the Islanders already have Nelson, Pageau and Cizikas. Palmieri is a skilled RWer when the Islanders already have Eberle, Bailey and Wahlstrom. I don't really see what Palmieri or Zajac adds that they don't already have.

I got some pushback from Islanders fans when I posted this, but it's appearing this is the case. They got good value for just trading a 1st, but what's the point of trading for something you already have in spades? I just don't get it.

They would have been better off going after Hall, Janmark or Foligno considering the price they paid.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
I got some pushback from Islanders fans when I posted this, but it's appearing this is the case. They got good value for just trading a 1st, but what's the point of trading for something you already have in spades? I just don't get it.

They would have been better off going after Hall, Janmark or Foligno considering the price they paid.

hush. you'll ruin everything.

Good teams, you must continue to pilfer bad teams for improvement! See you next deadline day!

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

Hall wanted Boston only it appears. Maybe Lou had to move on to next option. Still think they came away better than Bos did

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Zajac had a nice little hot streak that raised his value right before the deadline but 2 points in 9 games is realistically what you're going to expect.

Palmieri....I don't know. He sure is costing himself millions with his play this year.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Hall wanted Boston only it appears. Maybe Lou had to move on to next option. Still think they came away better than Bos did

I think Hall wanted to audition somewhere where he could sign long term. I think he may have been persuaded to go somewhere beside Boston, but NY has no hope of signing him with their cap situation, so yeah, he probably would have nixed that.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Boston got Hall and Lazar for a 2nd and Bjork. All of a sudden we have two solid threat scoring lines and voila — we actually now score 5 vs. 5 goals. Add to that our fourth line is world’s better with Lazar.

If Zajac has already been healthy scratched, how can you possibly say the Isle’s came away better than Boston?

Maybe this will all change, and if so we’ll talk then. But several games in that is one very odd statement to make.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Boston got Hall and Lazar for a 2nd and Bjork. All of a sudden we have two solid threat scoring lines and voila — we actually now score 5 vs. 5 goals. Add to that our fourth line is world’s better with Lazar.

If Zajac has already been healthy scratched, how can you possibly say the Isle’s came away better than Boston?

Maybe this will all change, and if so we’ll talk then. But several games in that is one very odd statement to make.
I like Hall, but he's soft
Trotz is healthy scratching all kinds of young guys on this team

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I like Hall, but he's soft
Trotz is healthy scratching all kinds of young guys on this team
Trotz is trying to make sure he hangs on to a playoff spot. If he'd lost last night he'd be feeling a bit tense this morning.

No one in that position scratches "all kinds of young guys" unless they aren't producing.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Zajac might be healthy scratched but he gives the isles depth if a center gets injured in the playoffs

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Trotz is trying to make sure he hangs on to a playoff spot. If he'd lost last night he'd be feeling a bit tense this morning.

No one in that position scratches "all kinds of young guys" unless they aren't producing.
No doubt but my post was to to the previous post about Zajac being healthy scratched. Trotz
And sure he feels the heat, but Rags almost cant catch them (not anymore with the win), so he would have needed just one more win in 4 left.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I think Hall wanted to audition somewhere where he could sign long term. I think he may have been persuaded to go somewhere beside Boston, but NY has no hope of signing him with their cap situation, so yeah, he probably would have nixed that.
So much for going some place to win huh?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->