Confirmed Trade: [NYI/NJD] Devils trade Andy Greene to Islanders for David Quenneville, 2021 2nd

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Didn't think this is what the Islanders needed and they should be getting more offense, but I'm proved wrong. Greene with points on 100% of Islanders goals since the trade.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Didn't think this is what the Islanders needed and they should be getting more offense, but I'm proved wrong. Greene with points on 100% of Islanders goals since the trade.

with Pelech out for the season the isles needed this. Scoring remains a big need as well.

Reactions: oobga

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Good value back for NJ especially considering Greene had to waive a NTC. With it being a 2021 2nd rounder, that's basically equivalent to a 2020 3rd rounder, which is fair value.
I will get a lot of heat from the Islanders fatiful for saying this, but IMO Trotz has the NYI overperforming and I am not sure it's sustainable every season. So the 2nd next season could be a few spots higher than this year.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I will get a lot of heat from the Islanders fatiful for saying this, but IMO Trotz has the NYI overperforming and I am not sure it's sustainable every season. So the 2nd next season could be a few spots higher than this year.
He's gotten everything out of this team and then some over the past season and a half or so since he took over. They didn't expect this successful of an outcome until atleast the 20-21 season. If they figure out the scoring troubles, they'll be a threat for a few seasons.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
The man is 37. How much 'gas' does he really have left?

You'd be surprised. Hainsey was 36 when he was traded to Pittsburgh and ended up playing as our #2D for the 2017 cup run. The Islanders have the depth so that he won't need to play that high in the lineup, but he should be a really solid player for them for the POs.

Reactions: buud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad