Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Isles Sign Josh Ho-Sang (1 Year, $700k, two-way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
This is like going back to your ex for like the 3rd or 4th time...just get over it
its not his fault that NYI qualified him again. He holds very little cards.
Lias Andersson and Puljujarvi at least had connections overseas so had some alternates.

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
No. I'm sure he'll be exposed and Seattle can select him, but he would need to play 40 NHL games this year in order to meet the exposure requirements. Teams have to expose 2 forwards and 1 dman who played at least 40 games in the previous year, or 70 games over the previous 2 years. It's possible that they will change the requirements since this is likely to be a shortened season, but it's doubtful that Ho Sang will get enough games regardless.
Thanks. 40 games quite mutch.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
maybe Isles might actually give him a shot but I am guessing Lou is just trying to F with him

Reactions: lawrence

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Maybe no team is interested in trading for him? He was waived and nobody wanted him for $863K salary/cap hit last year. He was unhappy about being sent to the AHL so the team told him to stay home while they tried to find a trade partner, but they were unsuccessful in finding a trade for Ho-Sang so he reported to the AHL in December. Just because the Pens were able to find a trade partner for Sprong doesn't mean ones available for JHS.

It's not hard to believe that with all the talent available for cheap with Covid that there may not be any/many trade opportunities for him now. Maybe that will change once the season does start or down the road. Maybe now that he's signed, they'll be able to pull one off. Who knows.

The Isles gave other teams a chance to get him via waivers and trying to find a trade and there were no takers, so can't see why posters want to blame the team for denying him chances.
Agree with this, and it's also worth noting that RFA compensation for a contract less than 1.4m AAV is nothing. Any team in the league could've offered him this contract and given up zero assets to have him, so either none of them did or he chose to sign with the Islanders over them.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Sort of makes me wonder if Ho-Sang has connections in the organization. Why else are they continuing to hand this kid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year? Do they honestly still have hope that he's all of a sudden going to turn a corner and become a responsible consummate professional?

"If you don't resign me I'll send the SJW mob after you"

But seriously it does seem odd. Maybe they keep him because he's a solid AHLer, if anything? He could also be a depth piece in case of injuries?
For him it's also a good deal, he'll get lots of money even playing in the AHL

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Daniel Sprong was waived then traded for. I don't think that is really a good explanation.
If a player is claimed on waivers, he hasn't cleared them, and if the acquiring team wants to send him down to AHL, they will have to put him on waivers again and he can be claimed by someone else.

But, if no one claims the player, he has cleared the waivers, and now can be sent down. It may be worth paying a late round pick for getting the player with his waivers cleared instead of claiming him for free but with the hassle.

Especially as if only one team claims the player on waivers and then put him on waivers themselves, if at this point no other team than his original one put a claim him, he will be considered to have cleared the waivers and the original team can now send him down.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
What a strange and interesting trip so far for Josh and the isles. Well good luck to both.

I’m actually surprised he wasn’t loose by Lou. He’s lucky he has a contract in the nhl right now. Lou is just being a nice guy.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls

Why give him an AHL deal? Because Bridgeport is terrible. Why 225k? Because it kept the NHL number lower if that matters and it may given the cap situation. Why sign? We all know the answer. The armchair GMs that occasionally post here value him more than actual GMs the world over.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I don't know if I've ever seen a player so hyped and confident in his abilities but that has actually never really done anything.

I'm shocked that moves such as this haven't resulted in more NHL success...........I think he's just waiting for the opportunity to do it during a game. He would need a 5 second head start on a breakaway though.

b1a9cd5c2274af456e3430f88a71c6e1.gif

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I don't know if I've ever seen a player so hyped and confident in his abilities but that has actually never really done anything.

I'm shocked that moves such as this haven't resulted in more NHL success...........I think he's just waiting for the opportunity to do it during a game. He would need a 5 second head start on a breakaway though.

b1a9cd5c2274af456e3430f88a71c6e1.gif
Have you ever seen Schremp? That guy may have had the best dangles ever in juniors. Didn't mean a thing at the pro level.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Have you ever seen Schremp? That guy may have had the best dangles ever in juniors. Didn't mean a thing at the pro level.

Yup, saw Schremp as well....Not saying that Ho-Sang is the most talented, I'm saying he's the cockiest/most entitled player that hasn't really done anything ever.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Yup, saw Schremp as well....Not saying that Ho-Sang is the most talented, I'm saying he's the cockiest/most entitled player that hasn't really done anything ever.
Oh, I agree on that part of it. Isles fans got a con job. In his draft year I thought he had a shot at being a great player, but the hype was kinda silly. His ego will always get the best of him. He'll end up in Europe sooner or later.

Reactions: FrankMTL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->