Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Isles Sign Josh Ho-Sang (1 Year, $700k, two-way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Still interesting to me but given our cap situation I think it's best he's in our org now given the circumstances. Might get some NHL time this year.

Reactions: Morrison

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
He's going to be added as a sweetener to a cap dump, he basically held out for more AHL money, I don't get it.
I'm honestly rooting for the kid, because the talent is there, but what kind of sweetener is he going to be? He was put on waivers last year and no one wanted him for free and that was before all this flat cap stuff which is resulting in pretty decent established nhl'ers taking big discounts or remaining unsigned for weeks after the start of free agency.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Sort of makes me wonder if Ho-Sang has connections in the organization. Why else are they continuing to hand this kid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year? Do they honestly still have hope that he's all of a sudden going to turn a corner and become a responsible consummate professional?

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Why dont they just let him go already. I hate when teams do this
Asset management. Not to imply the isles have done a good job of asset management with Josh thus far, but hey, we used a 1st rounder on the dude, we have his rights... might as well keep him close. Better he figure things out for us than to lose him for nothing and see him succeed elsewhere.

Reactions: Tahoeblue

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Asset management. Not to imply the isles have done a good job of asset management with Josh thus far, but hey, we used a 1st rounder on the dude, we have his rights... might as well keep him close. Better he figure things out for us than to lose him for nothing and see him succeed elsewhere.
I guess, but after you waive and he passes, I think its okay to let him try it again somewhere he fits better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->