Waived: [NYI] F Ross Johnston waived by the Islanders (claimed)

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I hope the Habs look at him. They could then deal Pezzetta. Great heart guy, but the Habs need someone who can handle the heavyweights so Xhekaj doesn't feel forced to. Pezzetta is pretty much a punching bag, but he's got heart, so teammates love him

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
think the boss gets claimed, Isles could very well be pushed around without him. Risky Lou
He was a healthy scratch for all but 16 games last year. Thanks for your concern, but the Isles will be okay, at least in terms of minimal talent face punchers

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
He was a healthy scratch for all but 16 games last year. Thanks for your concern, but the Isles will be okay, at least in terms of minimal talent face punchers
hear ya brother, hope your right brother. I was always glad the 80's Isles had some of those minimal talent face punchers. Different time I get it, but to make room for Simon Holstrom? I'll take a wait and see approach

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
He lost his shine 3 years ago .Last week He lost a decision to some rookie on the Rangers Kempe ? Something like that was his name . He can go back up the truck beep beep beep . He was overpaid for years so he would not be claimed if put on waivers

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
hear ya brother, hope your right brother. I was always glad the 80's Isles had some of those minimal talent face punchers. Different time I get it, but to make room for Simon Holstrom? I'll take a wait and see approach
As of now, holmstrom's not making the team, either. Have 13 forwards without either one.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
He has some skill for a fighter, just never got an ample opportunity to show them. Decent hands and a better skater than Martin IMHO. Not quite the IQ of Martin though. Top-5 fighter in the league.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
The depth forward who has two separate 4-year deals under his belt despite never playing more than 32 games or scoring more than 7 points in a season. That's an anomaly in terms of career contract history. To be fair though I'm not sure why it's not done more for these NHL tweener players, gives the player financial security and this kind of cap hit can be fully buried if it doesn't work out.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Did Lamoriello nap through the waivers deadline? He has to send Holmstrom down temporarily and then recall him after RJ clears now? :dunno:
I think Lou and the team love Johnston and he doesn't want to actually lose him if he can help it, so he did. He waited a day so other teams would use roster spots on other players on waivers plus so many teams are maxed out cap wise or roster size now.

If Ross clears, he will likely go to the A and be the first call up. Isles are very injury prone up front, won't be long. But Holmstrom is on the team and has a spot so he's down now through paper transaction and will be back up tomorrow.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad