Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Cory Schneider signs with the Islanders (1 year, $700K)

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
If he signs for less then 1M they can just bury him in the minors, no cap hit

IIRC contracts under $1million in the AHL don't count against cap, even if they're one-way.
Yes that is true. Anything under $1,075,000, actually, for this season

Yet the reports are NYI is waiting :dunno:
Schneider, Martin, and apparently Greene all have deals in principal, but NYI is waiting to figure out what they are doing.

And I am sure Schneider doesn't want to sign just to be sent to the minors because the team couldn't figure it out. He probably wants reassurance.

Reactions: Fixxer

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Yes that is true. Anything under $1,075,000, actually, for this season

Yet the reports are NYI is waiting :dunno:
Schneider, Martin, and apparently Greene all have deals in principal, but NYI is waiting to figure out what they are doing.

And I am sure Schneider doesn't want to sign just to be sent to the minors because the team couldn't figure it out. He probably wants reassurance.
Lol he's going to the minors period. They have two goalies already and I can assure you the sorokin is not coming to north america to be in the AHL

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

Just my 2 cents from a Cory Schneider perspective. This is a guy who has had a bad couple years injury wise and probably looks at the opportunity of getting a half a year with Mitch Korn helping him will be great for his career. Beyond that he won't have to uproot his family(even if he was playing in Bridgeport)

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just my 2 cents from a Cory Schneider perspective. This is a guy who has had a bad couple years injury wise and probably looks at the opportunity of getting a half a year with Mitch Korn helping him will be great for his career. Beyond that he won't have to uproot his family(even if he was playing in Bridgeport)

As long as he avoids the peak traffic times on the GW Bridge, the commute from Northern NJ to Bridgeport isn't all that bad since it's pretty much a straight shot up I-95 or Hutch/Merritt. Going to LI and having to take the Whitestone or Throg's Neck in addition to the GW blows though.

skinmez

Sep 17, 2008
Nykoping
What really happend to Schneider? I remember him being the next great goalie in the NHL when he started, like Brodeur, Roy and the likes. He was even competing with Lundqvist to be the best at one point. I think it's sad to see this.

Reactions: Morrison and dats81

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Saw this the other day but I didn't notice how low the AAV is - crazy how the mighty have fallen

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
What really happend to Schneider? I remember him being the next great goalie in the NHL when he started, like Brodeur, Roy and the likes. He was even competing with Lundqvist to be the best at one point. I think it's sad to see this.

He went to NJ near the beginning of their downturn. The only time the Devils have missed the playoffs as much as they have since 2010 or 2012, was in their first half dozen years in NJ. The Devils aren't the Leafs, so when they're irrelevant, nobody cares. Schneider had a couple good seasons, he wasn't the problem, but the Devils had bigger issues to deal with. Now he's 34.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Most players assigned to the AHL don't get too much time with the teams goalie coach, outside of training camp and call-ups. Because of travel, Bridgeport would have their own goalie coach to work with. However, who knows what's happening this year when it comes to travel, so...

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
As long as he avoids the peak traffic times on the GW Bridge, the commute from Northern NJ to Bridgeport isn't all that bad since it's pretty much a straight shot up I-95 or Hutch/Merritt. Going to LI and having to take the Whitestone or Throg's Neck in addition to the GW blows though.
Those bridges haven't been as bad since they wen't cashless. 95 is the worst part of traveling to Long Island. Although the CI and SS can be be a bad decision during peak traffic, but so can 95 North past the bridges.

Reactions: PWJunior

The Real JT

In Lou We Trust: Just kidding
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Those bridges haven't been as bad since they wen't cashless. 95 is the worst part of traveling to Long Island. Although the CI and SS can be be a bad decision during peak traffic, but so can 95 North past the bridges.

I95N in Westchester and Fairfield counties is a nightmare.

Tappan Zee (sorry not Cuomo) to I287E to Merritt N to Route 8 straight into Bridgeport. Not so bad.

Traffic and weather on the 8s. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Injuries

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
Most players assigned to the AHL don't get too much time with the teams goalie coach, outside of training camp and call-ups. Because of travel, Bridgeport would have their own goalie coach to work with. However, who knows what's happening this year when it comes to travel, so...
Mitch Korn isn't the Islanders goaltending coach, Piero Grecco is. Mitch Korn is the Director of goaltending allowing much more flexibility. Former devil Chris Terreri is the goaltending coach in Bridgeport.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
It did wonders for Lehners career. I know it’s not the same thing but the Islanders defensive system certainly doesn’t hurt a goalies play and he was actually looking decent at the end of last season. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him as a capable backup, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him steal a starting roll, I also wouldn’t surprised if he ended up in the AHL. I’ve never been so unsure about a goalie.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
He injured his hip and its degraded enough that hes lost the ability to physically react fast enough as a result

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Islanders don’t have anything in the way of depth for goaltending.

Schneider is a 3rd string option since the Islanders don’t have any other options available that could fill in for a game or two.

Reactions: buud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->