Trade: [NYG/CAR] Brian Burns (signs 5 years, $150 million) for 2nd and 5th round picks

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Allegedly 2 firsts. And elected to trade Moore over him. Both iirc.
Perhaps the Bears insisted on Moore to give Fields a WR. No idea. I mean, if you are Carolina, you really should have sent Burns if you could over Moore given that you were drafting Young. WR will help him more than a DE that you had not yet signed after his 4 year rookie contract.

Puzzling.....

Bears have since dealt a high 2nd for a DE in Sweat.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
What is with these GM’s turning down massive hauls in comparison to what they actually get months later.

Like they must have known by the trade deadline that OK, we ain’t re-signing this cat.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What is with these GM’s turning down massive hauls in comparison to what they actually get months later.

Like they must have known by the trade deadline that OK, we ain’t re-signing this cat.
Well, that offer was at the 2022 TDL from all accounts. And the Rams 1st rounders would be 2024 and 2025 as their 2023 belonged to the Rams.

So, GM of Carolina would be waiting for them and ultimately, if he did pull the trigger, those picks now will be used by another GM.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Perhaps the Bears insisted on Moore to give Fields a WR. No idea. I mean, if you are Carolina, you really should have sent Burns if you could over Moore given that you were drafting Young. WR will help him more than a DE that you had not yet signed after his 4 year rookie contract.

Puzzling.....

Bears have since dealt a high 2nd for a DE in Sweat.

WR are a lot easier to find than good edge guys

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
WR are a lot easier to find than good edge guys
But, Burns had completed his 4 year rookie contract with no extension. If he's that valuable, you get the player signed vs just ride out the 5th year option.

I agree that DE as positional value is more vital than WR, but not if you are not getting that player signed. Either he's worth the money of a top DE or you decide to move on after 4 years. Plenty of time to decide if he's part of your core or not.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
pretty much swapped Williams out for Burns. DT for DE. Looks like exactly what Seattle sent to NYG for Williams.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
As a Panthers fan I can't stand this garbage wtf are we trading all of our good young players for flipping draft picks that aren't even good.

Reactions: SnS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad