NYC, MSG, Tickets & Twon

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKflames

Dec 29, 2008
Hey everyone, a flames fan here, who comes in peace seeking wise words from Rangers fans. Sorry in advance for the long post.

I am bringing the family (2 ads and 2 kids) to New York for the wifes 50th Birthday in October, this will be the first time to NY for all of us, so everyone is very excited. I have been going through the New York City thread, which has proved really useful for suggestions of places to go, things to do and pizza places to try :thumbu: If anyone has any suggestions on the best time of day to visit somewhere to avoid queues or places that teenagers will love or just about anything, it would be greatly appreciated.

Now onto the main reason for posting. The trip was booked back in Feb, before next seasons schedule came out, but by an absolute miracle the Rangers are playing the Flames on the Sunday we arrive (21st Oct), so we are going one way or another. I am on the hunt for tickets but want to be in a good spot to watch the game but don't know MSG at all. 100 Level tickets look a bit too much for me to convince the wife to spend but the 200 level looks about right. Is this level a good view, are there areas to avoid when looking for tickets?? Any other suggestions on MSG in general, route to get there (we are staying on Times square), how much to get there in advance to get it in etc. etc.

Finally (if you're still with me, thank you very much), any season ticket holders looking to sell their tickets for this game?? I would need four tickets together without the need to take out a second mortgage to pay for them.

Thank you all from across the Atlantic, hit me with your wisdom.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
1. You'll find a lot of answers in the NYC thread that's stickied pertaining to food and such. As for pizza, my recommendation is to go to Joe's on Carmine Street.

2. The Calgary game will be one of the cheapest of the season since it's a Sunday night in October v. an out of conference team. Post in the season ticket holder thread as people may have tickets they're looking to move there.

3. If you're staying in Times Square, you can simply walk over to MSG. It'll be about a 10-15 block walk depending where in Times Square but the walk isn't bad at all. If not, you can take any of the A/C/E/1/2/3 trains one stop into Penn Station and walk upstairs as the arena is right over the train station.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
1. You'll find a lot of answers in the NYC thread that's stickied pertaining to food and such. As for pizza, my recommendation is to go to Joe's on Carmine Street.

2. The Calgary game will be one of the cheapest of the season since it's a Sunday night in October v. an out of conference team. Post in the season ticket holder thread as people may have tickets they're looking to move there.

3. If you're staying in Times Square, you can simply walk over to MSG. It'll be about a 10-15 block walk depending where in Times Square but the walk isn't bad at all. If not, you can take any of the A/C/E/1/2/3 trains one stop into Penn Station and walk upstairs as the arena is right over the train station.

Bingo. Please see the NYC thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad