NY Rangers GM regretfully resigns

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Regretfully, I'm announcing my resignation from the HFNHL. I've really enjoyed the last 13 years of being a part of this league as GM and as an admin. Amazing to think it's been that long.

I do appreciate the hard work everyone has poured into this league since I've been a part of it.

There is a passionate GM base here and some of the most knowledgeable hockey fans I've ever had the pleasure of chatting with. Good luck to everyone - both in the HFNHL and real-life endeavors. I'll take nothing but good memories away from the HFNHL.

I hope Matt can find a GM as dedicated as I have been to the HFNHL Rangers and finally lead them to a HFNHL Cup one day.

EDIT: If I'm half as bad as this description, I probably should have been fired anyway.

To be honest the horse is being beaten by you.

Fact of the matter is that YOU didn't read the rules, YOU didn't submit according to the rules. The fault lies with YOU. Yes, I could have emailed back saying "hey put in the links" and I'm sorry that with my own crazy schedule I didn't check your xls till after the deadline. The onus is on you, and Dryden, and the others. Not us. You're the ones who keep posting about this and Josh stated the obvious in RESPONSE to your and Drydens posts.

Quite frankly I'm starting to take this a little personally, all the way from the threatening emails you sent to the admin, to your childish behavior and responses on the boards. I put in HUNDREDS of hours of my own time for your entertainment. So right now you all can shut the **** up about it. It's done. If you don't like it start your own ****ing league.

Last edited:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Sorry to hear of your departure, Sean. You have been great for the league and will be missed.

And remember, the call of the HFNHL is hard to walk away from. Like a Siren's song, maybe we'll find you back here someday...

Best of luck.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I hope you can realize that comments made, from every single person here, made in the heat of the moment are to be taken with a grain of salt. I do hope that this decision was not made entirely upon the basis of the most recent free agent period. This is the most stressful time of the year, as you know from having done it, for all administration. I know it sucks to miss out on the UDFA class, but I don't think it's worth forefitting 13 years worth of franchise management and personal attachment to the league.

Regardless of if this decision is final, you are a valuable asset to this league and will be missed in the event of your departure.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I'd say this entire Passage was regrettable, including this development. You have been a good GM, a good contributor to the league since day 1, and most importantly a good guy. As Nick suggests, perhaps you will find yourself drawn back to us in years to come, but if not, best wishes for wherever your journey takes you - in hockey and in life.

Side note: this brings us below our league-mandated quota of Seans. Someone take care of that. #affirmativeaction

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
EDIT: If I'm half as bad as this description, I probably should have been fired anyway.

Well Sean - I'm sorry I lost my temper. I was the first one in a private conversation between admin members about your emails to defend you and say no action should be taken because I don't want you to leave or be forced to leave. However you yourself have not taken the 'no action' route and I am sorry I lost my temper at the constant commenting about this issue. I say now that we should, as Dryden wisely says, drop the matter. And I really hope that you reconsider your resignation and we let it blow over as you're someone we don't want to lose - especially not because of my stupid comments.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Can one or all of the powers that be say that you don't accept this resignation and we'll move along now? Let things blow over and get back to this nice happy league again.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Side note: this brings us below our league-mandated quota of Seans. Someone take care of that. #affirmativeaction

Way to make a guy feel inadequate, Douglas.

Anyways, I think people need to take a breather, because it's gotten personal and it shouldn't be. Instead of taking a deep breath and moving on, this has dragged on and now escalated. Free agency is always contentious because it's hashed out publicly, and we always have issues when rules are actually enforced for the first time. People take it personally even if it's not.

Sean, I hope you reconsider because this isn't worth leaving over, even if it would save me having to reply to trade offers for New York Ranger players (still happens from time to time - do you get offers for Malkin in your inbox?). But you are an asset to this league and nobody is either denying or ignoring that, so the league, and your club, would be impoverished by your departure.

Either way, the league has to move on. I have no idea how we're going to get somebody to run free agency next year. It is tremendously unfair that those who put in the time with free agency are still seeing complaints days after things were sorted out, so out of respect for Matt and Jon, this should be the last of the issue I think. Nothing good will come of this discussion at this point, it's worse than the financial debates.

Signed,

The inadequate Sean.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Sean I too hope you will put your decision on hold for a couple of days and reconsider. You may recall I once announced I was quitting myself but on reconsideration chose to remain in the league and don't regret it. Hopefully things can simmer down and after a couple of days you chose to stay with us as well.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Perhaps the admin team can / should maybe reach out to Sean. This is a misunderstanding that got blown up way out of proportion.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Im sorry to see you go Sean this only being my second free agency i don't really know how crazy it gets but Ive already been under criticism for my schnider offer. Im sorry to see you leave under such circumstances and wish you the best in the future.

Brent Burns Beard