NY Rangers 2nd pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Habs_Power said:
Last year, when Kovalev was traded to Montreal, there was a stipulation that if Kovalev doesn't sign with the Habs, the Rangers give their 2nd pick to the Canadiens.

Actually, what's up with that?

where did you get this from?? i've never heard anything like that

tiredman

Nov 10, 2003
Habs_Power said:
Last year, when Kovalev was traded to Montreal, there was a stipulation that if Kovalev doesn't sign with the Habs, the Rangers give their 2nd pick to the Canadiens.

The 2nd round pick was about the compensation pick montreal would get from the NHL-a pick in the 60s- if Kovalev was signed by another team (assuming he was signed for some million $).

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
HABS456 said:
The 2nd round pick was about the compensation pick montreal would get from the NHL-a pick in the 60s- if Kovalev was signed by another team (assuming he was signed for some million $).

kinda like the pick the Bruins got when they lost Guerin right? (if yes, then i think that pick was bergeron)

tiredman

Nov 10, 2003
Abyss said:
kinda like the pick the Bruins got when they lost Guerin right? (if yes, then i think that pick was bergeron)
Yes it's the same thing (the pick was Masi Marjamaki)

TRask

Dec 8, 2003
Halifax
There is compinsation, but im pretty sure the players had to been lost last year before the expiration of the old cba. Cuase its being widly reported that the Bruins will have extra picks for the loses of Knuble,Rolston,Nylander,Odonnell

per NHL.com:

"Each club's overall draft pick positions will be determined next week, following the awarding of compensatory draft picks."

CurtisJD13

Feb 9, 2005
I thought all traded picks were voided or moved to '06?

That's why all 30 teams have a first round pick, not just some of them.

BLACKBURN

Feb 17, 2003
London
Visit site
Habs_Power said:

You guys are picking 5th, the thought of you getting any more would be taking the ****.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
CurtisJD13 said:
I thought all traded picks were voided or moved to '06?

That's why all 30 teams have a first round pick, not just some of them.

All 30 teams have a first round pick because no one traded their first rounder because of the uncertainty of the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->