GDT: NY Rangers 2018 Development Camp Thread

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Follow the beat writers for names of who scores goals b/c the team account will likely just say "White" and "Blue" again

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Prospect camp posting on FB - they were warming up earlier first camp of the new season! :)

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Kravtsov is he NHL ready? That would be crazy! :D
He played in men`s league in playoffs earlier so who knows. ;)
Maybe he is a future Star - and Gordie Clark hit homerun with a 80 pts kind of forward, think about that! :)

Reactions: egelband

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah his hockey IQ is gr8 and only @Edge had me hyped up earlier, but it`s more than hype with this talent that need to be investigated! :)

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I seriously did a double take at the beginning of your post for a second. The L_nd_vist carousel is already starting. :laugh:

That's just my guess with him, even with him making huge strides these past two seasons in Allsvenskan and the SHL. If he wins a spot directly out of camp, that'll be awesome, but I just have that nagging feeling he'll need some time in Hartford.

Also, I know you mentioned what AMFYOYO means before, but I honestly have no idea.
I'm an old guy. I can barely keep these guys straight.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yeah his hockey IQ is gr8 and only @Edge had me hyped up earlier, but it`s more than hype with this talent that need to be investigated! :)

I think he's somewhat underrated as an actual player because he doesn't really do highlight reel stuff. People talk about the leadership and character, but this is a kid who as played against men for two years now and more than held his own.

When playing against his peers, he scored nearly a goal per game in the WJCs.

It's almost easy to overlook his AHL performance because of Chytil. But Andersson's play as a teenager was nothing to sneeze at.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I don`t watch live - so keep posting highlights, appreciated a lot! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
These scrimmages are like watching all-star games, it's more of a skills/offensive showcase.
Maybe for the top, top players, but for everyone else they should be trying to impress the staff as best they can, especially since this might be the first time they have been able to do so, so I don't fully agree that it's an all star type environment (aside from yes, I don't expect players to drop the gloves and try to take someone head off in the corner)

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Maybe for the top, top players, but for everyone else they should be trying to impress the staff as best they can, especially since this might be the first time they have been able to do so, so I don't fully agree that it's an all star type environment (aside from yes, I don't expect players to drop the gloves and try to take someone head off in the corner)

I don't think it's for lack of trying, so much as it's just harder to shut guys down without playing them close and aggressive (not just physical, but in terms of engaging). Additionally, things are a bit more loose because you have guys who haven't practiced or fully bought into a specific "system."

Most of that is usually reserved for training camp.

Reactions: Sarge13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->