NY Islanders - Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
The recent attendance issues stem from the fact that like 25% of the seats at Barclays are obstructed. Some are so bad you can't even see half the ice. Who in their right mind would ever pay to sit there?
23-islanders-hockey-barclays-center-4.w710.h473.2x.jpg
46615440-7ecc-11e5-8eed-d7374c6d6f25_IMG_1199-1-.jpg

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
No...the problem is the fan base didn’t like the move to a facility run by an organization that didn’t respect them. That’s now being remedied.

Despite the fact that is absolutely true, the Islanders fans can dislike it all they want but it still won't change the fact that the views are bad. The old Winnipeg arena had a good 2,000 obstructed seats and it didn't matter how much fans loved their team. Despite the fact the Jets could sell out the arena, they very seldom did even when great teams with fans who could travel were in town. On a good night the old barn had 13,500 people in it and it was relatively consistent throughout the team's existence.

Not saying you're wrong, I'm saying don't under-estimate what a factor that is.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I say their attendance is this way because everyone seems to agree that the Barclays Center is a horrible place to watch a game.

Plus didn't some die hard Islanders says it's harder just to attend a game there compared to the Nassau Coliseum?

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I say their attendance is this way because everyone seems to agree that the Barclays Center is a horrible place to watch a game.

Plus didn't some die hard Islanders says it's harder just to attend a game there compared to the Nassau Coliseum?

It’s close to impossible for someone who works a 9-5 in Suffolk to make it to a game by 7

Reactions: LordNeverLose

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
The NHL looks bad allowing one of their teams to play in such an arena.
I am glad they are getting out of there the bad seats plus the car which makes it look like some European arena. The games from there even look bad on TV as the camera positions are off also.

It’s sad to see a team with such a great fanbase get screwed so bad.

They actually sell out the “good” seats but these obstructed seats also count towards attendance percentage and also towards average ticket prices.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad