GDT: NXT TakeOver: Toronto (10th Auguest 2019)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think that’s a bad call tbh, he’d prob flounder on the main roster since he wouldn’t be able to work the way he can in NXT, but if NXT is going to FS1, it means Vince will be more hands on anyways & Johnny is screwed regardless imo

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think that’s a bad call tbh, he’d prob flounder on the main roster since he wouldn’t be able to work the way he can in NXT, but if NXT is going to FS1, it means Vince will be more hands on anyways & Johnny is screwed regardless imo

I mean, no one WANTS Gargano to go to the main roster.

Reactions: ColePens

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I watched that Io/Candice match again and something I thought I saw the first time but looked at again with the finish was that Candice was about to tap out but Io grabs her arm and hooks it into the hold. At that moment as opposed to giving up, she wanted to put her to sleep.

TomP24684

Je m’appelle Tom
May 18, 2019
I watched that Io/Candice match again and something I thought I saw the first time but looked at again with the finish was that Candice was about to tap out but Io grabs her arm and hooks it into the hold. At that moment as opposed to giving up, she wanted to put her to sleep.
Commentary picked up on that live. Not sure which of them though.

TomP24684

Je m’appelle Tom
May 18, 2019
Nigel started to go there but didn't really put it over.
Yeah. He kinda glosses over it when it happens. Then during the replay they skip the part where she looks like she will tap. He does finish his commentary on her with “Thats’s sadistic. That’s mean. That’s Io Shirai!”

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

When Gargano finally gets screwed by Vince, I do feel his legacy of NXT will live in wrestling history. What a run.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
Here's my review and it was awesome. I won't spoil the preshow, but it was entertaining.

I thought reDragon would win, but understand the setup for WarGames. Ford is a stud, but Dawkins did the big man role well. His spears were excellent.

Io and Candace was fantastic. I love Shirai's character change and Canadace sells so well.

Riddle/Dain was insane and I love the touch of shorting the video board after making contact.

Dream is so over and needs the big title someday. Dunne and Roddy hit so dang hard.

Women's match was so slow going until late. I was hoping Yim would do more stick and move instead of trying to wrestle Shayna's match. Baszler is such an awesome jerk heel.

The main event was one of the best matches I've seen live. Johnny's intentional DQ was hilarious and led to him just destroying Cole in fall two. Johnny must have consulted some old CZW tapes on that cage. The end spot was insane. Glad UE didn't interfere in the match.

Worried that Gargano will get lost in the shuffle again with HHH not looking after him. Still an awesome show that you should go see.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Here's my review and it was awesome. I won't spoil the preshow, but it was entertaining.

I thought reDragon would win, but understand the setup for WarGames. Ford is a stud, but Dawkins did the big man role well. His spears were excellent.

Io and Candace was fantastic. I love Shirai's character change and Canadace sells so well.

Riddle/Dain was insane and I love the touch of shorting the video board after making contact.

Dream is so over and needs the big title someday. Dunne and Roddy hit so dang hard.

Women's match was so slow going until late. I was hoping Yim would do more stick and move instead of trying to wrestle Shayna's match. Baszler is such an awesome jerk heel.

The main event was one of the best matches I've seen live. Johnny's intentional DQ was hilarious and led to him just destroying Cole in fall two. Johnny must have consulted some old CZW tapes on that cage. The end spot was insane. Glad UE didn't interfere in the match.

Worried that Gargano will get lost in the shuffle again with HHH not looking after him. Still an awesome show that you should go see.

Based on what I had seen on Mia Yim before, I expected a different type of match. But after seeing Shayna on Watch Along on Sunday wearing a brace/support on her right shoulder, I think they may have booked the match that way to not risk a worse injury. I would not be surprised though if she ended up dropping the title due to injury (rotator cuff?). They could use it also as a cover up for her getting called up.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
One of the reasons I have hope for Gargano is that he's more of WWE product than other guys. Yes, he did the Indies, but he became a star in NXT.
3 Takeovers in a row, he got a smarky "we like the cool heel" crowd to cheer for him purely through his in ring work.
He doesn't need to (deservedly so) main event 7/9 consecutive PPVs, but just let him wrestle. When you're that good, let your work carry the load. And, like I said earlier, debut him in a wrestling town, cause I think the (second) initial reaction matters a lot. And then, like. Murphy tonight, let him have an actual match.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->