GDT: NXT TakeOver: Toronto (10th Auguest 2019)

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I will not bet against Gargano. Yes Vince will see he is tiny, yes he will spend time in catering. But Johnny lives his gimmick, he overcomes the odds. Wherever he goes he becomes the man. So every single thing that is said about main roster is 100% true, but my boy Johnny Wrestling doesn't care and I think he will prove everyone wrong like he has done for years.

Io's new theme is hot fire. Low key one of the best themes in wrestling.

If VKM can't make money off of Montez Ford then he needs to retire to the XFL. This guy has it all. Give him a few years and he will be main eventing a Wrestlemania. He has carried Angelo Dawkins a guy who has been in developmental for like 2 decades and has gone through 25 gimmicks. The guy is the total package.

And speaking of total packages and WM main eventers, Dream is pure money. He basically has all the tools. Bold prediction but the first all black WM title match Ford vs Dream. Book it.

Adam Cole=Over. That is it.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
and one more thing not to ttake a shot at AEW but when you see Sharia (and Kari) you can see the gulf between the Joshi wrestlers. I like AEW's Joshi's but they need more time because there is a massive difference between them and someone like Shari.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Io/Candice and the Tag Titles were my fav.

Gargano can literally die and kick out at two. Vince gonna have him lose in like 6 minutes to Ziggler after one super kick. Smh.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Give Io the Women's title already.

I enjoyed Cole/Gargano but I'm happy its over. Give me Cole/Riddle
I still enjoyed Ciampa/Gargano more than Cole/Gargano but it was amazing.

For some reason I see Undisputed Era vs Gargano/Dream/Street Profits in an all or nothing match, in War Games for the Survivor Series TakeOver. Idk why, I guess it gets UE with all the gold, having 3 of your 4 titles in match though obviously isn't ideal but you could have Riddle/Dain, Womens title and a 4th match since War Games will probably be over an hour

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
AEW has a deal with Stardom I believe, but they haven't utilized it yet. Other than Aja Kong, most of the joshi wrestlers they've used like people hardly ever heard of and they only know of them because Kenny watches wherever they're from. I know Riho has moved over there though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Give Io the Women's title already.

I enjoyed Cole/Gargano but I'm happy its over. Give me Cole/Riddle
I still enjoyed Ciampa/Gargano more than Cole/Gargano but it was amazing.

For some reason I see Undisputed Era vs Gargano/Dream/Street Profits in an all or nothing match, in War Games for the Survivor Series TakeOver. Idk why, I guess it gets UE with all the gold, having 3 of your 4 titles in match though obviously isn't ideal but you could have Riddle/Dain, Womens title and a 4th match since War Games will probably be over an hour
You can throw the UK Title onto the card as well and bring Walter over just for good measure.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think it'll be UE vs Profits/Dream in WarGames, but I'm not sure if it'll be Gargano with them.

I think this served as the finale to the Cole/Gargano stuff, so I can see them doing someone like Keith Lee, or KUSHIDA.

WarGames
Shayna vs Io
Dain vs Riddle

Are three likely to happen. Then you can have a Dunne match, Breezdango match, or maybe an Austin Theory match? to round out the last two matches.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
AEW has a deal with Stardom I believe, but they haven't utilized it yet. Other than Aja Kong, most of the joshi wrestlers they've used like people hardly ever heard of and they only know of them because Kenny watches wherever they're from. I know Riho has moved over there though.

I thought the deal was with DDT?

I think on AEW the Joshi's are over and usually a highlight but when I watch there matches in AEW I think they can use some seasoning and time at the PC. Clearly there is a gulf between IO/Kari and Riho and the others. But then again IO and Kari were like top stars in Japan before coming over but I still think working in the PC has helped them accumulate more to American wrestling tendencies (but still keeping Joshi as well).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think it'll be UE vs Profits/Dream in WarGames, but I'm not sure if it'll be Gargano with them.

I think this served as the finale to the Cole/Gargano stuff, so I can see them doing someone like Keith Lee, or KUSHIDA.

WarGames
Shayna vs Io
Dain vs Riddle

Are three likely to happen. Then you can have a Dunne match, Breezdango match, or maybe an Austin Theory match? to round out the last two matches.

Keith Lee needs to be getting on to one of these pretty soon I'd imagine.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Keith Lee needs to be getting on to one of these pretty soon I'd imagine.

I agree. HHH usually likes to have at least one bigger guy in the WarGames matches (AOP in 2017, War Raiders in 2018) so Keith Lee could fill that role.

He could win a Contender's Match or just have him make the save when U/E are attacking Dream/Profits or something.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
You can throw the UK Title onto the card as well and bring Walter over just for good measure.
Undisputed Era vs Gargano/Dream/Street Profits - All or Nothing : War Games
Bazler vs Io vs Candace for the women's title
Riddle vs Daine
Walter vs ??? UK title

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Undisputed Era vs Gargano/Dream/Street Profits - All or Nothing : War Games
Bazler vs Io vs Candace for the women's title
Riddle vs Daine
Walter vs ??? UK title

I’d only do Io Shirai in one on one matches at this point, but Candice vs. Shayna I can see happening. Maybe do Io and Dakota Kai and get her over.

I think that might be too long for Matt Riddle and Killian Dain. You’re talking 3 1/2 months to the next takeover, that’s a long time to be fighting over nothing. There’s a potential FS1 debut in there as well that if it’s happening, you need stuff for.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
johnny is like... super injured too. I wouldn’t count on it right away tbh, but who knows

Well I imagine if we see him tonight he'd probably still be selling that massive bump from TakeOver.

Never can tell, though, the way Vince writes these feuds. Sometimes an "injury" can be sold for weeks, other times they're perfectly fine the next day. :help:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Well I imagine if we see him tonight he'd probably still be selling that massive bump from TakeOver.

Never can tell, though, the way Vince writes these feuds. Sometimes an "injury" can be sold for weeks, other times they're perfectly fine the next day. :help:
no, like, someone else posted here that he’s only actually wrestled a handful of matches or so since March. he’s nursing an injury that’s limited his in-ring involvement for the most part, like working tag matches that he’s done pretty much nothing in for example.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, they might give him some time off.

But I think that was his last match in NXT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad