GDT: NXT Takeover Phoenix (26th January 2019)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
After the show, Velveteen Dream confronted Gargano on the stage. Adam Cole came out, and then Ricochet and Aleister Black made their way up to the stage and a huge brawl broke out. It ended with Black, Ricochet and Dream standing tall and posing.

^ that no good jabroni @GKJ beat me

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
After the show, Velveteen Dream confronted Gargano on the stage. Adam Cole came out, and then Ricochet and Aleister Black made their way up to the stage and a huge brawl broke out. It ended with Black, Ricochet and Dream standing tall and posing.

^ that no good jabroni @GKJ beat me

Give em a match for the title at Elimination Chamber. :laugh:

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I don't have a problem at all with one more massive blowoff match between Gargano/Ciampa. I think ideally you would like to do it at WM, but idk if Vince would be willing to give it the time it needs.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
HHH is so lucky to have two all star performers in Gargano and Ciampa.

And Gargano is the best in the world.

Reactions: ColePens

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
On one hand, the Gargano/Ciampa story should be smooth sailing in terms of storytelling at this point. The puppet master thinks he's in complete control, but Gargano never let the NXT title leave his sight.

On the other hand, I don't know when they'll do it. The match should be at Mania takeover (or even Mania itself), but is there enough time (and no takeover) to get there? Do they go for tag gold? I'm confident they'll get it right, I just don't know what right is.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i feel like "Brooklyn" is their big show. i would do it there.(Toronto this year?) but if it was up to me, i would do it next year indeed.
..not the point of nxt. i guess.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Their Summerslam Takeover is definitely the bigger one imho.

April Takeover can have a four way between Gargano/Black/Ciampa/Dream or a double main of Gargano/Dream/Cole and Black/Ciampa in a gimmick match or something.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Gargano/Ciampa is gonna go down as one of the all time great long-term storylines.

RATINGZZZZ

UE/Raiders - ****1/2
Riddle/Ohno - **1/2
Gargano/Ricochet - *****
Belair/Baszler - ***
Black/Ciampa - ****1/4
Fully agreed to the fraction

I stopped watching to switch to the ASG just as Johnny Hoc..Wrestling...both were coming out at like the exact same time LOL What are the odds

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
On one hand, the Gargano/Ciampa story should be smooth sailing in terms of storytelling at this point. The puppet master thinks he's in complete control, but Gargano never let the NXT title leave his sight.

On the other hand, I don't know when they'll do it. The match should be at Mania takeover (or even Mania itself), but is there enough time (and no takeover) to get there? Do they go for tag gold? I'm confident they'll get it right, I just don't know what right is.

Make it next year's mania takeover!

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I'm thinking they do two 3 ways at Takeover New York

Maybe something like

Gargano vs. Ricochet vs. Dream - NA Title

Ciampa vs. Cole vs. Black - NXT Title

Those are interchangeable matches however. You can swap anyone except Gargano and Ciampa ofc.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Think im going to have to re-watch Gargano Ricochet again today. It was that good. Only a few matches I have to rewatch like every 2-3 months and Johnny is filling those spots up. HBK vs. Taker WM25, Gargano/Almas, and then I think im going to have to watch this one over and over and over again. The reversals are insane.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Im ready for heel DIY. Gargano and Ciampa spend a year fighting each other in mulitple main events its time to take a long break. Both these guys are so great at what they do that I trust them to craft a compelling story line out of them both being Champs and heels.

This is the culmination of their hard work, what they dreamed of when they first were teamed together as jobbers in NXT. I want to see them enjoying the moment not at each others throats. We already saw that story play out, its a lot more fresh for both of them to be heels fighting off the rest of the NXT roster.

And Gargano has the best theme in wrestling :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad