GDT: NXT TakeOver: New Orleans (7th April 2018)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
As a newly returned fan it is so confusing to me as to why NXT is so much more entertaining in every single aspect of the industry while WWE has Roman Reigns pretending to cock his fist like it s a loaded gun.
One is controlled by Triple H, the other is controlled by Vince. Take your guess on which one is run by HHH.

Hint: he’s also in charge of the best main roster brand, 205 Live.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It was a stacked af card and definitely lived up to the hype. I legitimately don't care about the current women's division and anything Moon/Baszler is just....really bad to me.

Outside of that the card had 3 ****+ matches, imo. Not more I could have asked for.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
according to Fightful, Shawn Michaels and Michael Hayes produced the NA Ladder Match, with the wrestlers themselves pitching most of the spots

Reactions: ColePens

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
It was a stacked af card and definitely lived up to the hype. I legitimately don't care about the current women's division and anything Moon/Baszler is just....really bad to me.

Outside of that the card had 3 ****+ matches, imo. Not more I could have asked for.

I'll agree that the current women's division is the least interesting it's been to me in...ever. Here's hoping Lerae and some of the newer talent starting to come up inject a little energy into it (Dakota Kai, Rhea Ripley, etc.). Baszler as the bully heel title holder should make some interesting writing going forth, but there are still too many women who just don't interest me - Evans and Belair both just don't do anything for me, especially now that Evans is being dialed up as a heel version of Liberty Belle from GLOW. I'd also love to see them make another push at signing Toni Storm and Viper. Storm being at Axxess and wrestling has me hoping for the first time since the MYC that it might happen.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’d think that Toni and Viper go through the MYC again.

I don’t understand why Lacey Evans is a heel with gigantic face music, and as a marine and mother, she has like the bigg st face story you could have.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I'll agree that the current women's division is the least interesting it's been to me in...ever. Here's hoping Lerae and some of the newer talent starting to come up inject a little energy into it (Dakota Kai, Rhea Ripley, etc.). Baszler as the bully heel title holder should make some interesting writing going forth, but there are still too many women who just don't interest me - Evans and Belair both just don't do anything for me, especially now that Evans is being dialed up as a heel version of Liberty Belle from GLOW. I'd also love to see them make another push at signing Toni Storm and Viper. Storm being at Axxess and wrestling has me hoping for the first time since the MYC that it might happen.

Strongly disagree regarding Belair. I think she's fantastic: top level athleticism & strength, excellent charisma and ring presence, awesome body, unique look (hair), uses look as a gimmick (hair whip is amazing) and solid wrestling (good pacing, respectable moveset). Her future is very bright. We'll know more when she gets booked into better matches and we see the depth and breadth of her overall wrestling skills.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hypernova

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They won’t let Bianca Belair not be a star, she has as good of a presence as Shayna does. Actually wouldn’t mind seeing that matchup.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Meltzer vs. GKJ

First, Meltzer Ratings:

6-way ladder match (NXT North American) *****
Ember Moon vs. Shayna Baszler (NXT Women's) ***1/4
AOP vs. O'Reilly/Cole vs. Strong/Dunne (NXT Tags) ***1/4
Aleister Black vs. Andrade Cien Almas (NXT Championship) ****1/4
Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa - Unsanctioned *****

-First show ever, anywhere, ever (means never in NJPW) with 2 5-Star Matches
-Gargano joins Shawn Michaels has the only two with more than 1 5-star matche in WWE
-Gargano first WWE wrestler with 2 5-star matches in the same year (and on consecutive PPVs)

Finally, from myself:

6-way ladder match (NXT North American) *****
Ember Moon vs. Shayna Baszler (NXT Women's) ***
AOP vs. O'Reilly/Cole vs. Strone/Dunne (NXT Tags) ***1/4
Aleister Black vs. Andrade Cien Almas (NXT Championship) ****
Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa - Unsanctioned *****

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I would move 1/4 of a star from the Women's title to Black and Almas but outside of that I can't really disagree with Meltzer.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
very harsh on the tag title imo. I thought it was very good wrestling with a great finish

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Gargano vs Daniel Bryan in the future. :naughty:
Absolute Intense Wrestling, eight years ago, 30min draw.

My fav thing about Bryan and the current roster is that he actually has wrestled everyone at some point before they were in WWE lol.

It actually looks to be a good card for that show. Ricochet and Rollins are also on it. And someone called Potato.

Reactions: Max Money

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
BIG DAWG'S RATINGZZZ AKA MY RATINGS

Ladder match - *****
Moon/Baszler - **3/4
Tag Titles - ***1/4
Almas/Black - ****
Gargano/Ciampa - *****

Ad