GDT: NXT TakeOver: New Orleans (7th April 2018)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I would imagine it goes like this:

-tag titles
-women
-Gargano/Ciampa
-ladder match
-NXT title

Although they’ve always made ladder matches the main event.

By the way does unsanctioned mean no DQ?
I'm pretty sure it does. Anything goes. Last one I remember was Jericho vs. HBK at Unforgiven 2008 and it was brutal.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
'Unsanctioned' is one of those stipulations where the details are fuzzy so you can make it up as you go. I've seen an unsanctioned match that was a clean singles match, but I've also seen one which was a trip outside and to the local park and back. Just depends what kind of match they want to do for storyline more than anything.

But I expect it'll be some kind of no-DQ match.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
are there any preshow matches? do Takeovers do preshow matches? I cant even remember now

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
are there any preshow matches? do Takeovers do preshow matches? I cant even remember now
They have a pre-show, its usually just them talking about the matches and a few interviews of people who aren't on the card. No pre-show matches tho.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
They have a pre-show, its usually just them talking about the matches and a few interviews of people who aren't on the card. No pre-show matches tho.

though so. shame really. a nice 15-20 minute exhibition match for a couple guys not on the card woulda been nice

Reactions: The Gongshow

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
They do have a couple of matches before Takeover, but they are for next week's TV episode.

(Turn around from taping to release is too much, especially on a Takeover weekend, so they need some filler for a week.)

Reactions: SeidoN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->