GDT: NXT TakeOver: Chicago (16th June 2018)

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Re watching Gargano/Ciampa and I think this maybe the greatest storytelling match in WWE history, especially that last 10 minutes or so.

What an amazing feud and storyline, played out over 1 year. It will be hard for anything to ever top it.
I think putting it over Bret-Austin at WM13 is a bit much. That match created the biggest money drawing star in the history of the business.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I think putting it over Bret-Austin at WM13 is a bit much. That match created the biggest money drawing star in the history of the business.

I would say Bret/Austin and Savage/Hogan and Savage/Steamboat are the top tier.

Gargano/Ciampa IMO can match up.

Also Bret-Austin was great in regards to the double turn, but I don't know if it has the same built in call backs and year long emotional story as Gargano/Ciampa.

But I guess even being compared to Austin/Bret says a lot about the Gargano match.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Is there any better heel in wrestling right now than Ciampa? My god, this feud continues to somehow get better and better and these spots get crazier and crazier. This is going down as one of my all time favourite feuds

Gargano is such a natural baby face who you want to root for no matter what. Theres no better face/heel combo right now in the game. NXT doin' it right

My only pet peeve is Ciampa still gets cheered. There are still Psycho Killer chants. He needs to find a way to address those and use that against the smark audience.

But the best heel in the business today is Roman Reigns, he just doesn't know it. A heel is supposed to be hated, and I think the fans hate Ciampa, but in a way that they know they are in on it. Fans just HATE Reigns. Too bad Vince can't accept it and still tries to shove him down our throats as a face, but thats why he is so hated LOL.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Next Wrestlemania is too far imo. You’re talking about a feud going on almost 2 years
I don't think it is too far away. We can claim this feud lasted a year so far, but let's be honest here, the majority of that time they weren't actually feuding because Ciampa was injured and off TV, this Feud has really only been about 5 months. You also don't have to continue them feuding, each can go off in their own direction and have circumstances bring them back together, which would re-kindle the feud.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I do not know why people are worried about how long Ciampa/Gargano goes. We just saw brilliance with Omega's feud w/ Okada. You can do it right and come back to it.

And I want both guys on the main roster, but i'm so tired of WWE screwing up what works for them so I sort of hope both are still with NXT in 1 year. They are putting together a feud worth discussing years down the road.

Reactions: UnrealMachine

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think it is too far away. We can claim this feud lasted a year so far, but let's be honest here, the majority of that time they weren't actually feuding because Ciampa was injured and off TV, this Feud has really only been about 5 months. You also don't have to continue them feuding, each can go off in their own direction and have circumstances bring them back together, which would re-kindle the feud.

In NXT, there’s other guys you have to get to.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Sadly, as good as this PPV was, it will forever be the one where I put all the chips on the table and attempted to use it as my gf's intro to wrestling. No Mauro hurt a lot, but in the end it was a little too violent for her. She much more enjoyed the first ~20 minutes Goldust Photo Shoot episode that followed. Still hope?!? :(

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Finally watching Takeover and I've only seen the tag title match so far and God damn that was incredible. Definitely one of the better tag team matches of recent memory.

I'm going to watch Takeover and think "f***. This is why I love wrestling. Then I'm going to watch parts of Raw and think "f***. This is why I hate wrestling"

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I do not know why people are worried about how long Ciampa/Gargano goes. We just saw brilliance with Omega's feud w/ Okada. You can do it right and come back to it.

And I want both guys on the main roster, but i'm so tired of WWE screwing up what works for them so I sort of hope both are still with NXT in 1 year. They are putting together a feud worth discussing years down the road.

I don’t want anyone to go up to the main roster anymore. I wish some folks would go back down.

NXT is the A show.

Johnny will be absolutely wasted when he is called up. He will get the Finn/Becky treatment where he is super over, so they feel like they never have to pull the trigger since the fans will never turn on them.

They have done it to every single NXT champ that has been called up since Owens. Every women’s champ since at least Sasha.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So Reddit figured out Dream didn’t just copy Hogan’s colors. Him and Ricochet copied the entire opening to Rock/Hogan at WM18 like the nerds they are.

I really enjoy listening to Wrestle Talk. I think those guys do a great job of not overreacting. They had some fans notice that. I like that little throwback.

Dammit I love NXT. :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So Reddit figured out Dream didn’t just copy Hogan’s colors. Him and Ricochet copied the entire opening to Rock/Hogan at WM18 like the nerds they are.
When Dream slapped his arms after the stare down I thought “hey, I’ve seen this before...”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->