GDT: NXT TakeOver: Chicago (16th June 2018)

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Welcome to NXT: TakeOver Chicago, the “show you actually want to watch” PPV!

NXT-Takeover-Chicago-645x370.jpg

NXT Championship - Singles Match
20180524_NXT_Chicago_Aleister_Lars--84dc6c912a98a7c9473f319efe7e3f9b.jpg

Aleister Black (c) vs Lars Sullivan

NXT Women’s Championship - Singles Match
20180604_NXT_Chicago_BaszlerCross--a5cac3fc1f5e4933070eadef6fecc73e.jpg

Shayna Baszler (c) vs Nikki Cross

NXT Tag Team Championship - Tag Team Match
20180521_NXT_Chicago_TagMatch--e8b763c0186be8cc1294488b1863cff2.jpg

Undisputed Era (Roderick Strong & Kyle O’Reilly) (c) vs Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch

Street Fight Match
20180524_NXT_Chicago_Gargano_Ciampa--3c66c8fb27885b4ee6840bbddeae9e6a.jpg

Johnny Gargano vs Tommaso Ciampa

Singles Match
20180529_NXT_Chicago_Ricochet_Velveteen--729296ed2e8cb38651c2b753fcc2e3c8.jpg

Ricochet vs Velveteen Dream

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
So unlike the main roster card, here we have a card full of people I like and devoid of people I don't like. And they're in matches that I like too. I'm not at all surprised as this. Very much looking forward to this show, as per usual.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
As much as I want Nikki to win, I am hoping that a loss means she's off to the main roster with the rest of Sanity and that they held up their debut because of the backlash when she wasn't coming up.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
I don’t follow too closely, so what could be expected from the Ricochet vs. Velveteen Dream match? Tickets are cheap, so I might go literally just to see Ricochet.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don’t follow too closely, so what could be expected from the Ricochet vs. Velveteen Dream match? Tickets are cheap, so I might go literally just to see Ricochet.
They've looked good together in the ring during the build, and they practice the Takeover matches a ton at the Performance Centre so it should be good. Dream is green, but has ability and is carriable to very good matches. The build has been good too, so that'll help.

But it's a Takeover show, they are more than worth the price of a ticket. They never had bad ones.

Reactions: quoipourquoi

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

4.5 star potential. Give or take .5 stars.

I don't love this card. Admittedly. Ricochet vs Dream should be fantastic. Gargano vs Ciampa will be up there for sure.

The rest is very meh to me.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I don’t know where this came up, but it was never made.

However, I’m fairly confident they will do that match in Brooklyn.
I can't remember either, but I remember seeing it a few places.

Either way its weird to have your new title/champion not on the card and when was the last time the UK was defended on a TakeOver.

Title for Title at Brooklyn IV maybe

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Either way its weird to have your new title/champion not on the card and when was the last time the UK was defended on a TakeOver.

I think Pete Dunne is going to drop his at this UK tournament. Dunne is on NXT almost every week now, and the UK title was always meant to be for the UK territory that has been on hold for the better part of the last year and a half. Dunne, as great as he is, hasn't been doing that much with the title as all of his defenses have basically been matches they just put together so he can defend the title.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

The Cole/Dunne match is at the UK Tournament. I’m not sure where it started that it would be at Takeover.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
4.5 star potential. Give or take .5 stars.

I don't love this card. Admittedly. Ricochet vs Dream should be fantastic. Gargano vs Ciampa will be up there for sure.

The rest is very meh to me.

Black is awesome, but Sullivan is so meh. Hopefully this is a one and done.

The tag match should be awesome. Dark horse for MOTN IMO.

Women’s match might surprise. Two hard hitting women. Im hoping Cross loses and will go to the Main Roster for Sanity’s debut.

Gargano/Ciampa & Ricochet/Dream should be awesome though.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Since I’ve got only a week or so left of having access to USA network I think I’m going to start following nxt instead of raw and SD. So gonna watch this tonight, going on completely fresh with no idea what’s going on!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Since I’ve got only a week or so left of having access to USA network I think I’m going to start following nxt instead of raw and SD. So gonna watch this tonight, going on completely fresh with no idea what’s going on!
I have a friend who only watches the takeovers and barely knows who half the people are and still gets close to the maximum experience.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I wanted to stay up for this but im actually falling asleep so ill view it tomorrow lol

enjoy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad