WWE: NXT Part 6 -- The Dream has no memory of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Okada makes good coin.

Meltzer said he would be "Top 5 in WWE."

I guess Okada is the Cena of Japan. Cena made 8 Mill last year.

Styles/Ambrose/Seth/Reigns 2.4-3.3 mill.

If you can become a top guy in WWE and you ride a decent 3 or 5 year career we are talking 8-15 Million. Not sure if between NJPW/Indies many wrestlers can earn that much.

But for some people making 100K is good enough they don't need to make a Million. Money isn't everything.

Just to me Lethal was super hot about 2 years ago and now has fallen off. Better to strike when you are hot then when you have cooled down.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Imagine how much of that money goes to all their road expenses on the WWE schedule lmao.
Yup. And a lot of Indy guys get their travel paid... Another plus for them. Wouldn't be shocked if they get a bunch of under the table money as well.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I guess Okada is the Cena of Japan. Cena made 8 Mill last year.

Styles/Ambrose/Seth/Reigns 2.4-3.3 mill.

If you can become a top guy in WWE and you ride a decent 3 or 5 year career we are talking 8-15 Million. Not sure if between NJPW/Indies many wrestlers can earn that much.

But for some people making 100K is good enough they don't need to make a Million. Money isn't everything.

Just to me Lethal was super hot about 2 years ago and now has fallen off. Better to strike when you are hot then when you have cooled down.
But strike what?

What exactly would Lethal accomplish other than getting himself a pay cut and a spot in a logjam of a roster? He wasn't a big enough star to get a golden ticket to the top like Nakamura, or heavily wanted like Cole. But he can keep is real nice RoH deal and see what is going to happen next time his contract is up.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
So if it's true then does Asuka come back to NXT for her title when healed as she never lost it? Or does she go straight to a championship chase on the main roster

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yup. And a lot of Indy guys get their travel paid... Another plus for them. Wouldn't be shocked if they get a bunch of under the table money as well.

yeah guys like The Bucks, Kenny Omega, Cody Rhodes, etc. are making all that money probably before travel expenses. Cody might pay his own travel to the smaller shows he does, but you'd have to be naive to think The Bucks and Kenny are paying for their travel -- especially Kenny when he does an ROH show.

There's way more money on the indies these days than a decade ago. Wrestlers can actually make a living off it rather than going to WWE and being a cog in the system.

For a lot of guys, six figures is enough. For WWE guys, you need more because you're paying for all your travel expenses out of pocket unless you're doing an overseas tour (and you still have to pay for your own food, I believe). WWE superstars pay for their own rental cars, hotels, gas, food, etc., only their flight to and from for the loop is paid.

On the other hand, WWE guys have the benefit of being paid while they're out with surgery and have the surgery and rehab all paid for by the company. Indy guys don't have that benefit and that's where you get instances of guys working with serious injuries (I recently read on Nigel McGuinness' downfall and all his concussion problems, torn biceps, etc. that cost him a spot in the WWE in 2009.). Of course, 2009 was a different monster compared to now and you get paid well nowadays on the indies, so if you're a decent enough name with some notoriety, you're making at least decent enough money and you should be investing some and putting some aside in case something happens.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Like anyone in NXT is going to make that much. :laugh:

Kazuchika Okada made $2M USD iirc last year.

The Young Bucks made $600k or something like that last year and had already made that much by the beginning of summer this year. Kenny Omega and Cody Rhodes are probably making at least $1M at this point (Cody said he's making 3x what he did in WWE and his WWE contract was in the $400k range).
Wow these guys are hot. Perfect time for them to go to NXT on 60k. /s

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
As for Asuka, I think they should use this as an excuse to vacate and move on. But I'm heavily bias toward doing anything that will get the title tile off of her so the division can move on.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
But strike what?

What exactly would Lethal accomplish other than getting himself a pay cut and a spot in a logjam of a roster? He wasn't a big enough star to get a golden ticket to the top like Nakamura, or heavily wanted like Cole. But he can keep is real nice RoH deal and see what is going to happen next time his contract is up.

Well if he has the talent he can get to the top. I thought he was doing pretty good in ROH with his dual champion gimmick. Thought it was a hot enough act at the time that he could carry that momentum into NXT and maybe onto the main roster. Thats all I am saying. He is a low/mid card guy in ROH and not doing much in Japan either, a big difference from being a dual Champ.

Main roster is just NXT now anyways. Most of the wrestlers are guys who went to NXT, they have the same gimmick/entrances/and merch. Even the crowds copy the NXT crowds. Nakamura's singing, Enzo sing along. Don't doubt for a minute when Roode debuts that the entire arena isn't going to be singing Glorious.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Well if he has the talent he can get to the top. I thought he was doing pretty good in ROH with his dual champion gimmick. Thought it was a hot enough act at the time that he could carry that momentum into NXT and maybe onto the main roster. Thats all I am saying. He is a low/mid card guy in ROH and not doing much in Japan either, a big difference from being a dual Champ.

Main roster is just NXT now anyways. Most of the wrestlers are guys who went to NXT, they have the same gimmick/entrances/and merch. Even the crowds copy the NXT crowds. Nakamura's singing, Enzo sing along. Don't doubt for a minute when Roode debuts that the entire arena isn't going to be singing Glorious.
Do you not understand that talent means absolutely nothing in WWE?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Do you not understand that talent means absolutely nothing in WWE?

Not true at all. A lot of the guys on top are some of the most talented wrestlers in the world.

There is the ocasional dud like Jinder, but then you have guys like AJ/Ambrose/Rollins/Owens etc getting pushes.

And talent matters in NXT. And like I said NXT has taken over WWE. If you can get your act over in NXT it will be over on WWE TV.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Not true at all. A lot of the guys on top are some of the most talented wrestlers in the world.

There is the ocasional dud like Jinder, but then you have guys like AJ/Ambrose/Rollins/Owens etc getting pushes.

And talent matters in NXT. And like I said NXT has taken over WWE. If you can get your act over in NXT it will be over on WWE TV.
Explain Dillinger.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I will never understand why WWE refuses to ignore guys that are obviously over but then decide randomly that Jinder needs a long title run when it clearly isn't working.

seems like WWE want to get their guys over, they dont like it when guys get themselves over

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Have Asuka on the main roster. Similar to what other NXT guys like KO/Dillenger, Bayley, Sasha etc

She has her farewell match at a TakeOver to who ever the new womens champion is and puts her over (maybe, I wouldn't have her win the title back tho)

Have her return on the main roster and win the womens title on her debut

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Have Asuka on the main roster. Similar to what other NXT guys like KO/Dillenger, Bayley, Sasha etc

She has her farewell match at a TakeOver to who ever the new womens champion is and puts her over (maybe, I wouldn't have her win the title back tho)

Have her return on the main roster and win the womens title on her debut

Why break her undefeated streak on a goodbye match?

Save it to put a main roster woman over. Becky or Bayley would be much better served taking that rub, and it makes more business sense in the long term.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Why break her undefeated streak on a goodbye match?

Save it to put a main roster woman over. Becky or Bayley would be much better served taking that rub, and it makes more business sense in the long term.

Very true, I'm just saying if they want a farewell main event TakeOver match for Asuka. It would have to some sort of weird finish to not ruin the streak.

Asuka losing should be a Mania moment 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->