WWE: NXT Part 6 -- The Dream has no memory of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
probably the same.
normal, no dq/extreme/falls count anywhere, cage.

would love a submission only in one of those falls.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I'm assuming Gargano is going to lose. Undisputed Era can possibly close that Takeover out having all the mens titles if Strong faces Velveteen. They had it before somewhat when Cole was North American Champ while the other 3 shared the tag belts. They should just do it again and have Gargano debut on the main roster for real the following Monday or Tuesday. Velveteen can go after the top belt and Riddle can go after Strong.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I really don't want Gargano on the main roster even if he's hit his character's wall in NXT and has nowhere else to go BUT the main roster from here. He'll end up on 205 Live really fast, or just be irrelevant. I don't think any magic Heyman booking can stop Vince from looking at Gargano and making up his mind on him in an instant no matter how much Paul or Hunter try talking him down.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I really don't want Gargano on the main roster even if he's hit his character's wall in NXT and has nowhere else to go BUT the main roster from here. He'll end up on 205 Live really fast, or just be irrelevant. I don't think any magic Heyman booking can stop Vince from looking at Gargano and making up his mind on him in an instant no matter how much Paul or Hunter try talking him down.
If NXT is on FS1 like they are speculating than maybe Gargano can stick around and stay on NXT for awhile longer to help establish the brand to a new audience. I'm sure they can pay him main roster money while working NXT if Fox really wants to push this brand more or if Vince is just really pushing for NXT to mess with AEW. I'm nervous how Gargano would fair on the main roster as well but I'm sure his goal is to get there and not stay on NXT forever.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That Crews / Kushida match was pretty great. Just another reminder how they ruined Crews bringing him up with nothing to do...

My issue is that they didn't even develop him.

He needed to flesh out a character. Dude is a heck of a talent in the ring, and has the look Vince likes, but Vince didn't allow Hunter to work with him and flesh out a persona.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
My issue is that they didn't even develop him.

He needed to flesh out a character. Dude is a heck of a talent in the ring, and has the look Vince likes, but Vince didn't allow Hunter to work with him and flesh out a persona.

Time to develop in NXT as a character wasn’t the problem. I don’t know if anyone’s figured this out, but the guys that Vince is determined to make work are their creations. Not the ones they pulled off the indies. We’ve seen guys down there work on a character and come up to be something completely different.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Time to develop in NXT as a character wasn’t the problem. I don’t know if anyone’s figured this out, but the guys that Vince is determined to make work are their creations. Not the ones they pulled off the indies. We’ve seen guys down there work on a character and come up to be something completely different.

They turned him into Apollo Crews, from Uhaa Nation. "Apollo Crews" is their creation, so I'm not sure what the Indies have to do with it.

The point is, they didn't allow enough time for him to be created into anything. Didn't give him a chance to get an identity with the NXT fans, they changed his name, he had maybe 3 handful of matches on NXT TV, and then he was called up.

Characters are constantly evolving, so of course someone like Seth Rollins isn't the exact same wrestler he was in NXT, because his character has developed since then.

Issue is, Apollo Crews didn't have a character to begin with. They didn't develop him. They didn't create a character with him.

I think with enough time, HHH would have found an identity for him, but he was gone after like 8 months.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Thats probably true, but I bet Johnny's goal has always to get to the WWE "main roster". He has been the MVP of NXT but let him hae his chance. He probably ends up the next Breeze but I think he deserves his shot to at least see what he can do. Don't underestimate Gargano he becomes a top guy wherever he goes.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Thats probably true, but I bet Johnny's goal has always to get to the WWE "main roster". He has been the MVP of NXT but let him hae his chance. He probably ends up the next Breeze but I think he deserves his shot to at least see what he can do. Don't underestimate Gargano he becomes a top guy wherever he goes.

Trips likes the guy so much that there's no way he'd allow that to happen.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Candice LeRae vs. Io Shirai at Takeover, not the weekly show. Can't wait.

the womens matches have the potential to be two of the best matches of the weekend. really darn excited for this show, and super bummed it's not in NYC this year. purely for selfish reasons :laugh:

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
the womens matches have the potential to be two of the best matches of the weekend. really darn excited for this show, and super bummed it's not in NYC this year. purely for selfish reasons :laugh:
Shayna vs. Yim will probably be the weakest of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad