WWE: NXT Part 6 -- The Dream has no memory of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I lurk on here (alot) for NXT and WWE PPVs but I went to an NXT Live show last night in Pittsburgh and my goodness it was so much fun.

It was a smaller venue but you definitely felt more engaged with the wrestlers and it seemed like they had a blast with it. Has anyone ever been to one or their live events?

Saw an NXT house show in a theater in Seattle and that was probably one of my favorite experiences. Unique configuration, fans who were engaged, everybody just having fun. After the show, handful of the wrestlers did an impromptu meet and greet as the bus was being loaded; Samoa Joe, Asuka, Chad Gable, Austin Aries, No Way Jose, and Bayley off the top of my head. It was a 'you had to be there moment' but everybody got on the bus except for Nakamura. An old pickup truck pulls up, Nakamura gives the driver a hug, tosses his gear bag into the back, and hopped in. Crazy how stacked that card was and a bunch of them had prominent Wrestlemania spots within 9 months.

Attended an NXT house show in San Diego which was fun, but the seats were maybe only 60% full and the roster wasn't nearly as deep. And I've been to the last two Takeovers (Phoenix/LA) which were tremendous.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Great match but don't like UE getting eliminated first round. Not surprising tho, UE have been booked horribly since last summer. All they do is lose now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Great match but don't like UE getting eliminated first round. Not surprising tho, UE have been booked horribly since last summer. All they do is lose now.
Yeah, I don't get why it's more important to keep the Forgotten Sons stronger, but I'm sure it's not for no reason and UE isn't at the forefront right now. They're kind of waiting for Gargano and Ciampa to get out of the way so they can take center stage for whatever they're doing.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Still a ridiculous good match.
They rarely have a bad match those two as a tag team ( undisputed but I guess diy too huhuh)

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
1 hour of great tag team wrestling and shows how deep NXT's tag team division is. Even the forgotten sons had a decent match and I do not like those guys at all.

Things come full circle since it was the first Dusty Classic that really kicked off NXT's tag team division and then tonight we get a showcase of kick ass tag team wrestling.

AEW has a long way to go to top NXT and their tag team wrestling.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bayley and Sasha showed up at a house show making the save for Kairi and Io

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
UE losing a ton is probably a story they're telling. I'm not going to ask what the payoff will be, but I'm suspicious something will happen.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
f***, they just showed Johnny slamming Ciampa into the tron. So sad Ciampa couldn't be healthy for the pay off. :(

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
This story never stops being fun...
f***ing injuries.

I hope johny wins the belt and Ciampa comes back like a mad man chasing it back.

f*** the main roster thing. Pretend it never happened

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
This story never stops being fun...
****ing injuries.

I hope johny wins the belt and Ciampa comes back like a mad man chasing it back.

**** the main roster thing. Pretend it never happened

I'd so be down for keeping Johnny in NXT another year. Takeovers galore of title defenses until Ciampa comes back and we finally get a payoff.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Yeah, the DIY storyline needs a proper payoff in NXT. Hopefully Ciampa heals up quickly.

I'm kind of indifferent to the Dusty Tag Finals. I get why DIY wasn't going to make the finals, but it's pretty obvious that Black and Ricochet are going to be on the main roster very soon and I can't, for the life of me, get into the Forgotten Sons. Would have much rather seen Mustache Mountain in the finals.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Forgotten Sons needed it.
Of the teams that made it to the semi-finals, yeah, they're the team that needed it but that's really by default. Every other team has held singles and/or tag titles in NXT. There weren't any real great heel tag teams here to choose from though, unless you went with Undisputed Era again, which has been done enough. I don't really consider DIY to be heels either considering the crowd reaction they've gotten since reforming. Barthel and Aichner feel like generic heel jobbers.

Blake and Cutler just don't really stand out to me. I don't really find either of them entertaining or interesting and they just seem to be Ryker's lackeys. Maybe a decent push will change my mind.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah, the DIY storyline needs a proper payoff in NXT. Hopefully Ciampa heals up quickly.

I'm kind of indifferent to the Dusty Tag Finals. I get why DIY wasn't going to make the finals, but it's pretty obvious that Black and Ricochet are going to be on the main roster very soon and I can't, for the life of me, get into the Forgotten Sons. Would have much rather seen Mustache Mountain in the finals.

The Revival or some other main roster tag team will probably screw Blackochet.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Blake and Cutler just don't really stand out to me. I don't really find either of them entertaining or interesting and they just seem to be Ryker's lackeys. Maybe a decent push will change my mind.
I'm not a fan of the whole stable. They're generic and boring imo. They seem like a stable full of guys patterned after Elias but without the singing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad