WWE: NXT Part 6 -- The Dream has no memory of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think he’s just gonna stay down in NXT and be a coach at the PC and the job guy. I don’t see a spot for him on the main roster to be honest.

WWE is kinda hitting this point where there is a ton of talent down in NXT, but no room on the main roster.

Like Tye is a guy who was super over in NXT, came up and had that debut moment at the Rumble, and then has done nothing since because there's just no room.

Like, unless you're in a tag team, where they are bringing in cruiserweight tag belts, and the actual tag division is a bit shallow, you're unlikely to get much opportunity.

Ohno would barely be on TV if they brought him up TBH. I agree with MCG where he should stay down.

Gargano would be a hit on the main roster, but I'm sure they are just going to stick him on 205 Live.

Almas is another exception, since the WWE wants a Latino star, he'd likely get a huge push.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tye isn't not making it because there's no room, he's not making it because they don't want him to. He's there to be a job guy and to get over at house shows.

These guys aren't coming to NXT and going on the road and whatnot just to run out their time. Kassius didn't leave and come back because he felt his future was as a trainer. He's there to get to the main roster, and if Hunter doesn't have a road for him to do that, then they should release him.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I never expected Dillinger to be anything more than a midcard guy anyways. He’s in the role I expected him to be in at this point.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Tye didn't make it full time because he's nothing special outside of an initial quick pop and the crowd saying 10. He's not over and he's not particularly good at anything - at least go to the point he stands out.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Tye didn't make it full time because he's nothing special outside of an initial quick pop and the crowd saying 10. He's not over and he's not particularly good at anything - at least go to the point he stands out.
That's absolutely ridiculous. He's not over? Maybe now, after being used sporadically. But initially he was. If he's not what you consider over, then most NXT wrestlers aren't over.

Tye isn't the best wrestler in the world, but he's more than solid. He's had plenty of ***1/2-**** matches in WWE.

Midcard is where he should have been. Not showing up once every 6 weeks. His merch was selling like hotcakes in NXT.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That whole theory that Bryan wasn’t over but the yes chant was back a few years ago? It was definitely wrong for Bryan, but I think it fits like a glove for Tye in that the 10 chant is over and not Tye himself.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
EC3 was tremendous in his promo.

He's got a great look and is solid on the mic. They really didn't need to do much with him because he was a legit top guy at Impact. He rightfully should an important guy in NXT. He's a better version of Bobby Roode. I liked Roode in NXT but EC3 is a better character for today. Roode is more of a throwback character and worker.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Sunset flip power bomb/Code red?

Edit: looked on Wikipedia, that’s exactly what it is

Cena used to do those.

Still looks different though.

Last edited:

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Tye wasn't even given a chance to get over. Sad. WWE buries guys for absolutely no reason and the fans are perfectly fine with it.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Dillinger is old, already failed out of WWE before, was never signed to be anything more than an NXT job guy, very much doesn't fit what WWE want from their top star, and isn't anything special in the ring.

Yeah he (or his 10 gimmick) is over, but there's no value for WWE in investing in him more than they really have. If he was 5+ years younger then it might be different, but he isn't.

WWE have a limited amount of guys they can try and build into what they want, and there are better options for them than Dillinger for those slots.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not the most-NXT of shows tonight. Very little build to the three main matches apart from video packages. But they did need to focus on other matches.

I really didn't like this 'Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.' The first two were supposed to be made a big deal, but this one they only had 8 teams and one of them had to be replaced. Relegating the finals to an episode of NXT didn't make it feel that important and beyond they they opened the episode with it. A rare instance where it seemed like they ran out of ideas. It was brought up but not pushed as a story that hard that Adam Cole has to work double duty. He and KOR chased Regal outside the arena to confront him, and Regal told them that Cole has to work double, KOR has to work on his own, or Cole has to give up his spot in the ladder match. But then he showed up for the main event, which was the build for the....

North American championship, you basically got all 6 guys in the ring at the same time. Kind of hits you that these are really all guys who are among the top level of talent from where they came from. EC3 is the TNA guy. Adam Cole is the ROH guy. Killian Dain is the European. Velveteen Dream is the lower-indy/Tough Enough guy (as much as he claims he hates indys). Lars Sullivan is the PC guy. Ricochet is really the luchador since he was on Lucha Underground.

They probably should've made sure they had a Mexican in this match, they could've put Raul Mendoza in there since he's been getting on TV but they must have decided that he's not ready for a Takeover and/or he's not a big enough name in Mexico to draw interest. They've been getting linked to Garza Jr. If the story around Adam Cole is real, maybe they're working on something and gave themselves an out.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Dillinger is old, already failed out of WWE before, was never signed to be anything more than an NXT job guy, very much doesn't fit what WWE want from their top star, and isn't anything special in the ring.

Yeah he (or his 10 gimmick) is over, but there's no value for WWE in investing in him more than they really have. If he was 5+ years younger then it might be different, but he isn't.

WWE have a limited amount of guys they can try and build into what they want, and there are better options for them than Dillinger for those slots.

I agree on this. I like Tye and its nice to see him finally make it, but the guy was in the PC for like a decade or something.

His 10 gimmick managed to stick and got him to the main roster and he should be happy about it. But I don't see the main event in him, and there are so many other guys who can offer more. Heck all 6 guys in the NA title match have a brighter future than Tye and thats not even counting all the guys on the main roster.

Tye would be best to continue to carve his niche, make as many backstage contacts as possible and hope to land in a role at the PC or in booking after he milked his WWE contract for all its worth.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Find me a better heel. I want to see this guy torn limb from limb.

kona-reeves.jpg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What was Dakota Kai doing? Just randomly got up and wanted water, or was she trying to show up Shayna?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Martin Stone/Danny Burch has signed back with WWE. He's been working NXT TV without a contract for ages now he's signed again (he was released years ago).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Martin Stone/Danny Burch has signed back with WWE. He's been working NXT TV without a contract for ages now he's signed again (he was released years ago).
They're starting to do more things with him and Oney, so makes sense.

I really like where this Dakota Kai/Shayna Baszler thing is going so long as this is long and drawn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->