NWHL: 1st TG player calls it a career

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
The AP reports that the Buffalo Beauts' Harrison Browne, who made history as the first ever transgendered player, will be retiring at the end of the season. Browne, previously known as Hailey Browne, will be moving into a career in sports business and he will be on the league's board of advisors next season.

Congrats for going out on your own terms.

Mar 14, 2017
Hats off to Harrison, couldn't have been an easy decision to give up hockey but nice to see he'll be taking a role on the board of advisors

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
The AP reports that the Buffalo Beauts' Harrison Browne, who made history as the first ever transgendered player, will be retiring at the end of the season. Browne, previously known as Hailey Browne, will be moving into a career in sports business and he will be on the league's board of advisors next season.

Congrats for going out on your own terms.

...and best of luck to Harrison.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... What I don't understand is why a year after this thread was started, "now" there's an article talking about retirement and "moving on".
Not sure what you're questioning here, but I was frankly unaware of Harrison Browne's historic inclusion in NWHL hockey until I stumbled on another retirement article on-line a few weeks ago from SBNation's Out Sports blog. The NWHL media reach seems very uneven to me, and a web search on this particular topic yields just a smattering of stories many of which are from non-sports sources (GQ, NPR). IMO, the League did little to promote Harrison's decision to play - and his initial retirement decision - so I would not have expected much chatter on this Board or most other hockey boards about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad