Nurse vs Morrissey

Which player would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
After the recent contract extension for Josh Morrissey, a friend and I had a conversation about Nurse and Morrissey, he claimed that Nurse is equal to Morrissey and should be making as much, I was curious if this was widely thought of or just small amount of people.

no bashing or flaming, just a simple Nurse or Morrissey, who would you rather have?

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
Morrissey and it’s not close at all. He’s pretty close to being a top pairing dman and Nurse is nowhere near.

Reactions: Snowman

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I’m confused on the AINEC and 2 Nurses comments?

Both played on the top left pair of their respective teams, and Nurse was much stronger offensively. Morrissey is better defensively but he also got to play with a better d partner as well as being in a better defensive core. Nurse was given a very tough assignment for a young defenseman, and his defense/skating has always been the strength of his game, with improved consistency and age he’ll be a very nice top pairing dman for the Oilers for a long time.

I think they are close. I understand if people would choose Morrissey but by no means is it “AINEC”.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

Both played on the top left pair of their respective teams, and Nurse was much stronger offensively. Morrissey is better defensively but he also got to play with a better d partner as well as being in a better defensive core. Nurse was given a very tough assignment for a young defenseman, and his defense/skating has always been the strength of his game, with improved consistency and age he’ll be a very nice top pairing dman for the Oilers for a long time.

I think they are close. I understand if people would choose Morrissey but by no means is it “AINEC”.
Apart from the fact that Morrissey scored at a higher pace, right?

Destino

Sep 7, 2019
Morrissey and it’s not close at all. He’s pretty close to being a top pairing dman and Nurse is nowhere near.

Morrissey is undoubtedly a top-pairing defenseman. That is to say that there aren't 62 or more defensemen in the league better than Morrissey, if we're going by that definition.

Reactions: DieTomi

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
As an Oilers fan, Morrissey is clearly better and he just got an amazing contract extension.

It's pretty obvious which one is the right choice.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017

Morrissey ainec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad