Nurminen31's first-ever mock draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
1. Chicago Blackhawks (from WAS for Babchuk, 3rd overall pcik, a second rounder, and next years first rounder): Alexander Ovechkin

2. Pittsburgh Penguins: Evgeni Malkin

3. Washington Capitals: Cam Barker

4. Columbus Blue Jackets: A.J. Thelan

5. Phoenix Coyotes: Lauri Tukonen

6. NY Rangers: Andrew Ladd

7. Florida Panthers: Rostislav Olesz

8. Carolina Hurricanes: Robbie Schremp

9. Anaheim Mighty Ducks: Drew Stafford

10. Atlanta Thrashers: Alexandre Radulov

11. L.A. Kings: Marek Schwarz

12. Minnesota Wild: Alexandre Picard

13. Buffalo Sabres: Wojtek Wolski

14. Edmonton Oilers: Al Montoya

15. Nashville Predators: Kyle Chipchura

16. NY Islanders: Boris Valabik

17. St. Louis Blues: Ladislav Smid

18. Montreal Canadiens: Andrej Meszaros

19. Calgary Flames: David Bolland

20. Dallas Stars: Wes O'Neill

21. Colorado Avalanche: Mike Green

22. N.J. Devils: Jakub Sindel

23. Ottawa Senators: Johan Fransson

24. N.Y. Rangers: Lukas Kaspar

25. Edmonton Oilers: Enver Lisin

26. Vancouver Canucks: Johannes Salomonsson

27. Washington Capitals: Roman Voloshenko

28. San Jose Sharks: Travis Zajac

29. Washington Capitals: Carl Soderberg

30. Tampa Bay Lightning: Devan Dubnyk

Last edited:

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
nurminen31 said:
1. Chicago Blackhawks (from WAS in exchange for Ruutu, Babchuk, second round pcik, and the third overall pick: Alexander Ovechkin

I do not see Chicago giving up Ruutu. If the deal hinges on Ruutu being in the trade, my guess is that it won't get done.

FlyersProspect2

Jun 14, 2004
Chicopee, Ma
jas said:
I do not see Chicago giving up Ruutu. If the deal hinges on Ruutu being in the trade, my guess is that it won't get done.

I guess it really depends on how much the Hawks want Ovechkin. Ruutu is more proven, but its hard to pass on the type of play that Ovechkin is if you actually had the chance to get him.

rupispupis

Apr 26, 2004
I only read the first line of that draft, and almost threw up. :banghead:
Ruutu is a future franchise player, and Babchuk is a future top 2 defensman.
+ a 2nd rounder? What kind of crack are you smoking? :shakehead

*taking 3 deep breaths*

Anyway, there is a report that the Hawks are in "aggressive negotiations" with WAS for #1. If it does happen, they might throw in guys like Daze or Berard, or even possibly next year's 1st. BUT NOT RUUTU!!!

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
rupispupis said:

*taking 3 deep breaths*

Anyway, there is a report that the Hawks are in "aggressive negotiations" with WAS for #1. If it does happen, they might throw in guys like Daze or Berard, or even possibly next year's 1st. BUT NOT RUUTU!!!

I was just kinda throwing it up there-your right though, I wasnt really thinking strait. I didn't think Babchuk was that good, and figured if people were saying that it would take more than Malkin, Ryan Whitney, and a few more prospects that the Hawks may have to do that to get AO. I just wanted to see what people thought.

ajsonor

Jun 11, 2003
Orlando, FL
Visit site
The Sabres will take one of the available defensemen instead of Wolski given those options. Smid, Valabik, and Meszaros are too valuable and some even have Meszaros in the top 5 now.

Alouette_19

Jul 21, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
The Habs fans are very happy to see Meszaros available at the 18th spot but he will not be there. :banghead:

Meszaros is top15 candidate and he rise so much that Paul Martin want to know his secret. :lol

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
rupispupis said:

*taking 3 deep breaths*

rupis: I agree with your assessment of the deal: that's too steep a price to pay for Ovevchin. However, "guys like Daze or Berard" are going to come close to cutting it. Don't forget, ANY could have signed Berard last year when the Bruins failed to ante up. Daze's a decent player, but nothing to write home about.

More importantly, the Caps really have little interest in acquiring veterans like that. Assuming there is a season this year---and that's a big assumption---the Caps will be content to put a young team on the ice. They'll save a lot of money and they could be in the running for Sidney Crosby the following year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad