Injury Report: Nurkic severe leg injury

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
You can find the video but I'm not going to link it because it is extremely graphic like the Hayward/PG13 injuries.

Really devastating as a Blazers fan. He's one of the best young bigs in the league. Refs were letting the game get too chippy and out of hand...one of them even carelessly walked right over Nurkic after the injury, so there's some controversy brewing there.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i like nurkic. really hope he can make a full recovery from this

to me it looked worse than the hayward/PG injuries. just brutal

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Looks like he stepped right on the Nets' player's foot as he landed. Probably was expecting to land solidly on the ground instead so his weight and body position wasn't ready for the sudden shift in balance when he landed partly on the other player's foot.

Crazy how the leg could snap that badly considering he wasn't even that high off the ground though. Just a few inches either way and he probably lands fine.

Damn.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Really devastating as a Blazers fan. He's one of the best young bigs in the league. Refs were letting the game get too chippy and out of hand...one of them even carelessly walked right over Nurkic after the injury, so there's some controversy brewing there.

That was actually the ref ... I dunno if that's any better or worse.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Devastating, kid was playing so well. Hopefully, he fully recovers. Good dude too met him once in Zagreb, and he seemed pretty nice in our brief interaction.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
That was actually the ref ... I dunno if that's any better or worse.
Yeah that's what I meant...it's definitely worse. All the players on the floor are immediately aware of what happened and this guy just acts like he's taking a stroll in the park and kicks his leg SMH.

Now the game had been real chippy, both of the Nets bigs had fouled out so they were trying their best to box Nurk out of rebounds....and to be fair they were getting called fouls for it. I don't blame Nets players for this, it was an agressive box out with no real foul so that is what it is. But Nurkic was elbowed in the first OT pretty bad, Lillard had just been kicked in the knee minutes earlier....you could just feel something bad was going to happen, and the refs were just letting everyone run wild.

Knowing the season is likely now over is not nearly as tough as knowing what Nurk gonna have to go through the next 12+ months. And just sets the team back significantly.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast

Also heard there was a break in the tibia and fibula. So it could be worse/could be better. Best wishes on the recovery to my favorite player in the league!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad